Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

iPad in MS school. Who covers the insurance if it is damaged?

(4 Posts)
Sneezecakesmum Mon 24-Mar-14 11:03:30

It's for 5 year old DGS (very few words and signs) and is for AAC communication aid. We will pay for the ipad and the software programme. I will put a non breakable (?!) cover on it and it can come home with him after school and at weekends.

Quite happy to pay insurance but no idea where we would get this? I don't want the school to have additional expense as he is an expensive kid! Not doing brilliantly with the supertalker or the laptop supplied.

AlarmOnSnooze Mon 24-Mar-14 11:15:32

Check if it is covered under home insurance policy.

For a decent case, look at the Otterbox Defender series, or Griffin also do some good ones (haven't tried myself, but have heard good things). they can be pricey, but defintiely well worth it. The LifeProof cases also look good.

I've had an Otterbox defender case on dd1's ipad for the last 3 years. She's dropped it a couple of times, and it's all fine. She has taken hers into school daily ever since she's had it, and all has been fine - bunged in a bag, slung in the car, etc.

Sneezecakesmum Mon 24-Mar-14 13:32:17

Cheers. Will look at that

RaRaTheNoisyLion Mon 24-Mar-14 18:21:12

I can see why you would pay for it, but honestly, if he needs one he should be provided with one, plus case, plus insurance etc.....

I think you can get it as an extension to household insurance.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: