Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

refusal to assess - final evidence dealine help

(9 Posts)
bjkmummy Sun 23-Mar-14 10:06:15

what do i need to be doing? i have a week now to do it - i will have salt and OT reports coming in this week. i have handwritng samples, reports from the dyslexia teacher , all of her NC scores for the last 3 years , various bits from the 2 LA websites etc etc. i will need to post again later as i need help to decipher the school sen budget - school refused to give it to me but managed to get it of the internet but its as clear as mud to me !

my main concern is what to write - i plan to go through the code of practice and then use examples to show that she does meet the criteria/needs an assessment - i know i did it for her brother so was going to follow a similar format but this is my first experience of refusal to assess so if there are any pointers for me please let me know

also - at the final evidence deadline - what did the LA send to you? they have already done their response - will i expect anything else? this is where im worried as with her brothers appeal last year they sprung on me that my school choice had withdrawn their offer of a place so was without a school 3 weeks to tribunal so im pretty anxious that something nasty could be coming my way although with it being a refusal to assess not sure what the sting could be. the class teacher has mentioned about the children all being tested at the end of this month (so thats next week) so im wondering if school going to give the LA made up levels to them

Ineedmorepatience Sun 23-Mar-14 10:40:35

We didnt get anything off the LA at the final evidence date, however I have heard of them turning up at tribunal with new evidence and it being accepted.

The LA EP report arrived after the final date so it wouldnt surprise me if they try to submit it. I have preempted that by making copies for my witnesses and highlighting the bits that will help us.

It sounds like you are well prepared bjk if nothing ekse you have experience of the dirty tricks that get played so it wont come as a shock if they pull something out of the bag.

Good luck smile

bjkmummy Sun 23-Mar-14 11:49:40

the LA have so far not mentioned an EP or even suggested that an EP see her - both LA and school sticking to the 'not more than 6 years behind' mantra and 'needs can be met at school action' poor kid aint even on school action plus as school refuse to call in outreach teaching service cos 'shes not more than 6 years behind' the only EP report is mine - the only evidence the LA have submitted so far is the mainstream ofsted and prospectus, refusal letter (which ive already sent to the tribunal) the views they took where she is begging for help, the sen criteria (although only sent part of it not all of it - missed out the bit where she has to be more than 6 years behind) their response which just keeps saying making progress and parents to blame for everything, not put on the sen register to nov last year and only then cos parents made the school do it,so they've made their response look lengthy but the ofsted/prospectus pointless but bulks it out i guess ! my only concern is that with the school saying about the testing this week that the results from that are going to be inflated but the school dont know that the dyslexia teacher whilst she was in school last week tested her right under their noses!!!!

the LA have the sen officer doing it - no legal rep as of yet and the class teacher who says one thing to my face and says another thing to the LA and who is doctoring the evidence as she goes........

wasuup3000 Sun 23-Mar-14 13:55:17

The main areas you need to concentrate on is the lack of progress and the schools inability to meet your daughters needs. Concentrate I think on the schools lack of understanding as to how great your daughters needs are and what you think your daughters needs are based on the evidence you have as a reason as to why she should be assessed. I don't know really I have a week to go for my tribunal so will watch this thread with interest.

bjkmummy Sun 23-Mar-14 14:13:08

Good luck wassup x I'm spending the afternoon doing the photocopying and I've run out of ink so having a quick break before I head to tescos for ink and donuts! Oh and more paper as well!

wasuup3000 Sun 23-Mar-14 14:31:30

Ok all the images in my bundle have come out very dark so might be an idea to take copies of lighter images in too. Ty for the good luck.

trulymadlydeeplyunlikeable Sun 23-Mar-14 22:41:09

Good Luck Bjk, Ineed and wasuup. Just appealing a NiL, so no useful advice but sympathy x

RaRaTheNoisyLion Mon 24-Mar-14 07:39:55

Good luck all.

wasuup3000 Mon 24-Mar-14 10:51:22

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now