Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Asd diagnosis received today out of the blue

(7 Posts)
osospecial Sat 22-Mar-14 14:58:01

We had a private dx so its not really a surprise but was not expecting this letter this morning from the Paediatrician! It says its been to panel and theyve decided dd meets the criteria for ASD.
We have been messed around for ages by NHS and the assessment kept being put back to a later date, I was told it wouldn't be in March and maybe May now so I'd had enough and I put a complaint in. Only had a letter back last week saying we should have been referred to CAMS 2years ago for support and they would do the assessment as soon as possible, looks like they magically found a place in March's panel meeting!
Feels like the end of a long road, can't say I'm feeling happy as hearing it confirmed again still makes me sad but its over and I know a lot of you on here will understand that! Thanks for the support on here, I can just put all my energy into helping dd now.

Ineedmorepatience Sat 22-Mar-14 16:46:01

Fantastic but sad news oso,I know you have been messed about and like you say. You can put your efforts into helping your Dd [not that you werent doing that before]

Good lucksmile

osospecial Sat 22-Mar-14 17:50:09

Thanks ineed

PolterGoose Sat 22-Mar-14 18:29:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

osospecial Sat 22-Mar-14 19:23:24

Thanks polter, yes I suppose it is quite bad to get it by a letter especially as we were not expecting it at all today, I had no idea it had even gone to the panel yet. Off to have a wine with a friend in a bit so that's good timing as I could do with one!

Handywoman Sat 22-Mar-14 19:57:31

Enjoy the wine strange (in a good way) when that chapter is over and you don't have to fight that particular fight anymore. Well done oso

osospecial Sat 22-Mar-14 22:22:01

Thanks Handy smile, just have to finish the next fight with the statementing process now, then I have no idea what I will do with all my time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now