Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Private Assessment Autism/Epilepsy/Brain Injury

(5 Posts)
BlueSkies38 Wed 19-Mar-14 08:15:09

Hello there,

This is my first post so thank you for taking the time to read it.

I wondered if anyone can recommend a private paediatrician or paediatric neurologist? My son has autism and epilepsy but also suffered some oxygen deprivation during the birth so possibly a slight brain injury as well. We gave up with the NHS years ago but as he's getting older I need to start thinking about transferring him to adult services and I think it would be useful to have some good up to date medical information on him.

We live in Hampshire but can travel, although the bottom half of the country is easiest for us (but I'm happy to go further for the right person). Cost is a factor as we're self-funding but again, I'd rather spend a bit more on someone who really knows their stuff.

If anyone has a child with similar problems and can recommend a good paediatrician I'd be very grateful. Sorry for making the first post a question like this!

Many thanks.

salondon Wed 19-Mar-14 09:40:54

A friend recently had success getting a 24 hr eeg with Dr Ramesh.

BlueSkies38 Mon 24-Mar-14 16:18:29

Many thanks for this, Salondon, will look into it smile

youarewinning Mon 24-Mar-14 21:06:04

I don't know if she does private but where in hampshire you are? I'm Hants too! But I have always heard Dr Freeman is a great nurologist.

youarewinning Mon 24-Mar-14 21:06:55

Or where you are?! I wasn't expecting you to post address just that this is neuro in my part of Hants iyswim?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now