Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Parental information form for considering a statutory assessment

(8 Posts)
ToffeeWhirl Tue 18-Mar-14 11:11:30

Am just working through my umpteenth draft - all bullet pointed and tidy - then realised that the LEA sent me a form for me to fill in. There is no way I will fit all the information in those silly little boxes provided. Do you think I can just write 'see enclosed letter' in all the spaces instead? Did anyone else do this?

Also, has anyone ever enclosed a photo of their child with the application? I wonder if it will help them see that this is a real child, not just a name on a bit of paper <hopeful>.

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Tue 18-Mar-14 11:21:55

I have always ignored the boxes which are deliberately designed to prevent you giving full evidence. smile

ToffeeWhirl Tue 18-Mar-14 11:27:24

Ah ha, thank you, Keep grin. I did wonder how on earth I was meant to fit in all the evidence in the space provided.

ToffeeWhirl Tue 18-Mar-14 12:35:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NoHaudinMaWheest Tue 18-Mar-14 12:45:16

I just got my form for dd this morning. DD's needs are pretty straightforward - physical difficulties - and my writing is tiny but even I won't be able to fit everything in that space.

RaRaTheNoisyLion Tue 18-Mar-14 12:59:24

Don't write in the space. Unless it is directly relevant to your child's needs now, don't dilute your evidence waffling on about your pregnancy or whatever those forms ask about. Ignore the questions and write only what applies.

ToffeeWhirl Tue 18-Mar-14 13:05:51

Oh, my post above was meant for another thread. Sorry.

ToffeeWhirl Tue 18-Mar-14 13:46:51

That's a consensus then. Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now