Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA letter back

(4 Posts)
elliejjtiny Sun 16-Mar-14 16:52:27

Thankyou to everyone who encouraged me to apply for DLA for DS4 and to those of you who helped with my daft questions. The results are in. I was hoping for MRC for 1 year but thinking LRC or nothing would be more likely. He got MRC for 4 years!

Such a mixture of emotions. I'm pleased that some of the money we are spending on his needs will now be taken care of. Pleased that I don't have to fill in that awful form again for 4 years. But also sad that his needs are bad enough to qualify and that they don't think he will improve over time. I know that it's very rare for a 9 month old to get an award for that long.

Levi174517 Sun 16-Mar-14 17:21:07

grin

PolterGoose Sun 16-Mar-14 17:24:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

youarewinning Mon 17-Mar-14 19:18:20

Well done. They award 4 years if it's likely something (eg a dx) that will cause needs to remain. Not that they don't think he'll improve - just his level of care won't become equal to or lower than his peers as he grows. (MRC is an hour of care or more above expected amount for child of same age) also when he hits 5yo you can apply for mobility component so the renewal co incides with that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now