Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

having a major wobble

(4 Posts)
armani Fri 14-Mar-14 19:40:26

does anyone ever finds that it gets easier to accept your dcs disability? I just feel so overwhelmed with it all at the moment. dds birthday is a week away and tbh im dreading it. she is so excited already and no doubt it will all be to much for her to cope with on the actual day. we are in the middle of preparing our evidence for tribunal over dds statement and the la are using every trick in the book to oppose our appeal (lying about dds progress in case statement, manipulating dds response to therapy etc).
I never imagined this would be how we would be celebrating her birthday. dont get me wrong I would not change dd for the world, she is beautiful, imaginative, creative and a wonderful little girl but I just wish that maybe life could be easier for her. I find it so hard to accept and incredibly saddening that life is such a struggle for her. I also cant believe how hard we are having to fight just to have her needs met at school, its destroying me.
sorry im not really sure what the point of this thread is, I just needed to vent sad

PolterGoose Fri 14-Mar-14 19:59:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

armani Fri 14-Mar-14 20:42:06

thanks polter.
the goose & carrot sounds fab smile

zzzzz Fri 14-Mar-14 21:03:30

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/special_needs_chat/2025456-Goose-Carrot-Its-Paddys-Weekend-free-pint-of-Guinness-with-a-shamrock-on-top-for-the-first-ten-geese-through-the-door?

You are welcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now