Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

2 year olds growth has slowed down.

(3 Posts)
Confusedaboutstatements Tue 11-Mar-14 20:01:29

Hi my son is 34 months and was measured today by his paediatrician. He is 91 cm. where about a on the growth charts would he lie, he was on the 91st centile at birth and was still up there at 18 months if I remember correctly.

He has developmental delays and is being assessed for autism, he is also hyper mobile. His 7 year old brother has autism and is hyper mobile with stretchy skin, he is seeing a geneticist tomorrow to see if he has ehlers danlos or any other genetic disorder.

Can it be normal to just stop growing as fast?

Hedgyhoggy Tue 11-Mar-14 20:32:14

The red book says that 91 cm at 34 months is approx 15th percentile. My ds who is 4 was 99.6th when born and went down to 20th at the age of 2. He has hypermobility and gdd. Paediatrician was never concerned and I must admit that I just put it down to his very poor attention skills, he is just too busy to eat. He's back up to 40th but I think that's because I've given up and give him food he can eat on the run.

Sorry not much help, just my experience but I shall be watching postings to see other people experience of a slow down in growth. What did the paed say?

Confusedaboutstatements Tue 11-Mar-14 20:50:04

We'll he doesn't eat very much for me but apparently eats loads at nursery! So maybe it's that., but would that affect his height though? His weight is just below the 50th centile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now