Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Wheelchairs and Legoland

(8 Posts)
sami1985 Sun 09-Mar-14 20:42:23

Hiya. I'm a carer for a little boy who has CP and is in a wheelchair. I'd really love to take him to Legoland but I'm unsure how much he would get out of it or what rides would be accessible for him. I can take him out of his chair to go on rides, but I don't know if there will be somewhere I can leave it.

If anyone has been there with a wheelchair, I would love your feedback! Thanks x

TooOrangeyForCrows Sun 09-Mar-14 21:15:48

Hi, I haven't been to Legoland with a wheelchair, but the whole place is accessible to people with pushchairs and buggies, and there is always somewhere to leave them at each ride. It is laid out on the side of a hill, but there is a special train to use to get back up to the top, with one carriage dedicated to pushchairs, and wheelchairs. Hope that helps a bit.
You could also ring and ask about getting an exit pass, and check what paperwork they need for that.

sami1985 Sun 09-Mar-14 21:29:59

Oh, lovely, thank you!! :-)

Bilberry Sun 09-Mar-14 22:25:50

Not sure about leaving wheelchairs but you can leave small children while you go on a ride! They are strict about having an adult with a child in each section of the ride (normally one adult to one child). So if you have too many children, you can sometimes leave one behind, go on the ride then swap children and leave the other behind! shock. We enjoyed ourselves but would avoid school holidays.

It's fine..I have taken my son in his wheelchair and as a special school TA have also pushed many other childrensmile

However if you push back up the hill you may want to have a paramedic on standby grin... pushing a large 14 yr old back up nearly finished me off!

Legoland is lovely!

blondefriend Tue 11-Mar-14 21:57:10

I;ve been with a child in a wheelchair. Take your DLA statement to get past the queues (fast track). Then you can walk to the exit of most rides (I've only been on the 90cm rides not the bigger ones) and leave the chair there ready for exit.

sami1985 Wed 12-Mar-14 07:41:04

Brilliant I'm so excited! I just have to make sure he can go on rides first as he also has a heart condition.

nannynick Wed 12-Mar-14 07:48:43

Most rides are tame so should not be an issue. There is a guide on their website somewhere.

Vikings, Roller coasters and pirate ship are probably rides you need to check. Log flume (pirate falls) only has one drop so may be fine but is another to check.

If you can't find info on website, email them.

Take train up the hill, it is a long push!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now