Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

im back from giving her views - total farce!

(11 Posts)
bjkmummy Wed 05-Mar-14 11:36:53

so we went this morning to the meeting with PP for her to do her views. she wrote them herself. it was a different form - it was shorter - the main difference is the question 'any questions for the tribunal' has been taken out - on our version she wrote how she need help and wanted them to help her.

I felt at times that she was being led into questions. we are thinking she may have dyspraxia so seeing is seeing an oT. the PP questioned her if she liked sport, which sport did she like and encouraged her to write this down - she didn't write it down!

the questions were each on an A4 page - she wrote one word answers. she continued to say she was struggling, needed help - she said nothing controversial and I cannot see how any of the questions related to future planning!!!

you can barely understand a single word that she has wrote as it is written so appallingly. she cannot spell her school name or even the word school. its quite shocking to see it but consistent with her writing previously so if the school want to rock up and say how amazing her handwriting is then good luck to them arguing that in front of them.

I have some school books up in my bedroom from when she was in year 1. she found them and had sat in my room looking at them (didn't realise she had done this) then she mentioned that her writing was still the same from when she was in year 1! I may submit year her year 1 work to show how little progress she has really made in 4 years

ouryve Wed 05-Mar-14 11:55:43

Would be interesting to see if they even submit that hmm

bjkmummy Wed 05-Mar-14 11:58:06

sorry I know I put one word answers - meant one sentence answers so to say her answers were rather lean ... whereas at home she did write an awful lot more.

well PP gave me a copy before I left so if they don't submit it I will!

TOWIE2014 Wed 05-Mar-14 12:00:31

"planning" was totally an attempt by the LA to cover up that they weren't happy with the original views. And as she doesn't need assessment (they say), logically, no planning would be needed anyway!

LA will have to submit this as that's her views. So if they don't, then they'll be in trouble with the Tribunal for withholding evidence.

Good on your DD that she stuck to her original views and wasn't intimidated by this farce.

bjkmummy Wed 05-Mar-14 12:13:53

the last question - what else would you like to say about yourself to the tribunal? - she said she needed more help with all of the work. PP then started to quiz and her say - do you means parts of your work, which parts, reading, maths, writing - I felt this was to lead her to reduce from saying all so I actually did at that point and the only point I spoke said to her ' do you feel it is all your work or just parts' and she responded and said all - and that's what she has wrote - all my work

she does struggle with processing of language so actually the PP woman bombarding her with questions and suggestions made no difference as she wouldn't have been able to process it anyway. I am extremely proud of her

bjkmummy Wed 05-Mar-14 16:25:37

dh has come home and looked at what she has wrote - he feels it is again pretty shocking what she has wrote and how she has wrote it - he was visibly upset that at 10 and half her writing/spelling was that bad - he feels this set of views is worse than the last set so may be an own goal to the LA. so now we wait to see what tomorrow brings as the LA have to respond to the tribunal by 5pm. the sen officer made some comment needing the views by mid day tomorrow - my gut instinct is that they will instruct a solicitor and it will be them I will be hearing from tomorrow.

uggerthebugger Wed 05-Mar-14 17:59:37

Wow. I know it's horribly stressful and hard to go through - and dear God, are you right to be proud of your DD for standing tall throughout this!

But from the comfort of Ugger Towers, I don't think I've ever seen an LA blow its own feet away with both barrels with such panache. They're like the SEN version of Wile E Coyote, ffs! I know there are no guarantees in this business, but if these fuckers get the decision to go their way, then there is no justice in this world whatsoever.

Definitely submit her Year 1 books!

bjkmummy Wed 05-Mar-14 18:08:47

yes I will ugger and I think it says a lot about my daughter that she was able to come to this conclusion herself - that she hasn't improved but my god she really tries her best and works so so hard. her reward for always trying her best and being kind and lovely is to be in the middle of this load of rubbish. bet no one realises I have her year 1 work books! school have already said her school records have lots missing as we have moved around a bit - not realising that we were handed her work books over the years!

StarlightMcKingsThree Wed 05-Mar-14 20:51:33

Oh your poor DD. Is she okay?

StarlightMcKingsThree Wed 05-Mar-14 20:52:59

You must tell her how immensely proud you are of her. In fact if she doesn't mind you speaking about her you must tell her that your friends are too.

bjkmummy Wed 05-Mar-14 21:16:22

I will tell her star - both me and dh have told her we are - have to say I picked her up from school she was an absolute emotional wreck because she had lost her gloves! picked up her brother and then drove into town and bought her a new pair exactly the same and also another pair for good measure and she was then so happy. bought her her favourite food for tea and dh has spent some time with her as well but she has kept herself in her room this evening so we pop in and give her a hug but think it was a tough day for her

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now