Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Assessment of SEN - letter received

(5 Posts)
sbutt78 Wed 05-Mar-14 09:39:53

Hi all, I wrote to the SEN team and requested an assessment for my DS. they have written back to me asking for more information. Can you guys help?

Section 1 - I enclose additional written evidence from professionals and agencies whom I have contacted privately. Would this be the CAMHS REPORT?? I haven't contacted anyone else privately.

Section 2 - I would like you to contact the following people for a report should an assessment be made? Who should I put here?

Section 3 "named person" to be contacted. I haven't contacted Parent Partnership service, should I?? Will I need their support?

Additional Parental comments - NOW.... should I put here how he is at home? Or are they only interested in his educational needs. I'm thinking I should tell them what he is like so they get a full picture but I'm not sure.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much for reading!

x

2boysnamedR Wed 05-Mar-14 09:53:54

1) is every report for every service who has seen your child, pead, salt, ot, camhs etc

2) is the names of the people who wrote the reports above
3) was me. I found parent partnership never got back to me but others love them so its worth calling them

For my views I wrote a life history on ds all the problems he has ever had in all aspects of life home and school and nursery

sbutt78 Wed 05-Mar-14 09:57:25

That's great. Thank you.

SALT are coming back in on 18th March, I do have the previous reports though so I will send that.

Thank you. I think I might call PP just to see if they can help.

2boysnamedR Wed 05-Mar-14 10:19:50

My friend has found pp to be very good as defiantly worth a try. Also have you called sen SOS? Or ipsea? Both would give you good advice as well

2boysnamedR Wed 05-Mar-14 10:20:26

Or is it SOS sen? They was very helpful to me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now