Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

LA have denied all knowledge of Tribunal and of receiving Consent Order

(13 Posts)
zen1 Tue 04-Mar-14 16:40:36

LA pulled out of Tribunal, conceded everything and were directed to amend the Statement as set out in the final working document. It's coming up to five weeks, so I rang them to find out when they were going to send a copy to myself and the school. The case officer said she had no idea there had been a tribunal hmmhmmhmm. I pointed out that, irrespective of council maladministration, there were only a few days left before the 5 weeks were up. I was told that they would probably not meet this deadline and was asked to provide a copy of the Order because they 'do not appear to have received one'. I have proof they were sent it as they were copied in on the email to me from SENDIST. So pissed off with them.

ouryve Tue 04-Mar-14 16:47:43

I'd be rather PA and "helpful" about this and, rather than simply forwarding the email they should already have had, send them a screenshot of it with both your email addresses visible in the header. Poor loves are obviously so easily confused.hmm

zen1 Tue 04-Mar-14 16:55:27

Yes, I did send the full email from SENDIST, pointing out their email address being on there too. Beyond incompetent angry

zen1 Tue 04-Mar-14 16:58:03

I was so keen to help, I offered to provide them with the working document in case they had lost this too, but one had magically appeared, fortunately.

Ineedmorepatience Tue 04-Mar-14 18:46:05

Tbh, someone I know has experienced incompetence ofepic proportions at the hands of my LA alongside lies and deceit, so sadly zen nothing surprises me anymore.

In less than a month we will be facing these people at tribunal too !!

I hope you can get sorted soon smile

Ineedmorepatience Tue 04-Mar-14 19:23:58

Tbh, someone I know has experienced incompetence ofepic proportions at the hands of my LA alongside lies and deceit, so sadly zen nothing surprises me anymore.

In less than a month we will be facing these people at tribunal too !!

I hope you can get sorted soon smile

Ineedmorepatience Tue 04-Mar-14 19:24:35

Oops blush

zen1 Tue 04-Mar-14 19:43:32

Thanks, Ineed smile

Nigel1 Wed 05-Mar-14 23:33:16

Move it up the food chain. If there has been a Consent Order the LA must have been aware of it. An officer must have made a decision to agree. Find out who that officer was, they will have been named on the consent officer or correspondence and then get them to act. Alternatively go back to SEND and say that the Consent Order has been breeched. SEND dont like that and will act.

zen1 Thu 06-Mar-14 20:01:50

I didn't realise I could go back to the Tribunal. I thought the only recourse was LGO or the High Court (couldn't afford that). I'll do that if no success after I've contacted the council rep named on the Order. Thanks

bialystockandbloom Thu 06-Mar-14 20:23:18

Nasty fuckers angry

Sorry for swearing, but this kind of behaviour is sickening - of course they received it, they're just playing for more time. Even if they didn't receive it (which of course they did) it's not like they didn't know they'd conceded so therefore would have to amend the statement is it?!! Trying to wield a final tiny bit of power over you. Bastards.

I hope school are geared up to provide the support in the new statement already, despite the LA dragging their heels about amending the actual statement itself - you don't want to have to waste even more time waiting for school to get things in place, if they have the working document they will know what needs to be done so can still get the ball rolling on this without waiting for the new statement.

Nigel1 Fri 07-Mar-14 21:49:42

If you have any problems please PM me.

zen1 Fri 07-Mar-14 23:19:57

I've been through a fair few expletives myself Bialy smile! I still haven't got it and it's 5 weeks now. It would literally take them 10 mins to do it as it's just a cut and paste job and they could have emailed it over to me.
I gave a copy of the final working doc to the school along with a copy of the Consent Order some weeks ago but the SENCO professes to need to 'wait to hear from the LA' to find out how the extra provision is going to be funded! I was even asked how they were going to fund it. Bloody joke angry

Thanks Nigel. I will contact the Tribunal on Monday. I've lost count of the number of times throughout this process that they've had to serve Orders on the LA for not keeping to the time limits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now