Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

further update from the LA - saying nothing wrong with the views submitted??

(13 Posts)
bjkmummy Tue 04-Mar-14 14:00:11

okay so I emailed and said okay to PP and I followed stars advice and asked what was wrong with the views submitted and how they felt another set would benefit her - this is their response

'there is nothing wrong with the views already submitted. I feel she may benefit from having a further opportunity to express her feelings in a way which might inform planning support in school in the future'

so if theres nothing wrong why should I be allowing her to do it all again?

TOWIE2014 Tue 04-Mar-14 14:04:25

It's cos the LA can't tell the truth - that they have absolutely no intention of serving the original uncensored views.

Tbh, I'd still let it go ahead (pick your battles and all that) but would also serve this complete email exchange between you both. Email back and say you're prepared to go ahead in your DD "best interests" but you are fully expecting both sets to be served by the LA with their evidence.

StarlightMcKingsThree Tue 04-Mar-14 14:04:25

Do you live in some kind of far far away land that had an alien settlement and never quite managed to integrate?

StarlightMcKingsThree Tue 04-Mar-14 14:07:43

Who 'feels'?

Someone 'feels' she 'may benefit'.

Can you 'feel' she 'may not'?

Agh this has gotten stupid. I would let em do it now tbh. They look like fools. You can take the moral high ground. Inform them that you 'feel' that she 'may not' benefit but you don't see any harm provided they stop immediately if she requests it, and you'd like to be present.

bochead Tue 04-Mar-14 14:19:38

Are they auditioning for Fawlty Towers or trying to run an education service?

Star has it right - let them swing from the rope of nonsense they are oh so carefully weaving.

Dotty carrots indeed.

bjkmummy Tue 04-Mar-14 14:34:07

I will allow it to go ahead. I have the email confirming that really they aren't needed- it's also gone from school will do them to then now insisting I'm present! Ah well, it is what it is and I have win the moral high ground:-)

StarlightMcKingsThree Tue 04-Mar-14 14:42:44

Yep. This reminds me of that scene in Schlindler's list where Schindler explains to the bad guy that when it is easy to kill weaker people it is so much more powerful to 'let them live'.

They'll probably not be happy at all now as you've shown more strength/power. They'd probably prefer to whinge to the tribunal that you didn't allow them to conduct their side of their case.

bjkmummy Tue 04-Mar-14 18:25:28

This has rumbled on all afternoon. Went on the school run and got to sons school to find my phone had numerous messages from sen officer and PP trying to contact me. Meanwhile dh was at home and the house phone was going mad but he refused to answer it. Got home and I phoned pp and her views being done tomorrow morning. She was going to email sen officer to confirm. Dh could see I had had a bad afternoon so sent me out for an hour to go and have a coffee and he would deal with the kids. Got back to find out the sen officer had phone at 5.45pm. Dh answered it and she was confirming tomorrow - god knows why as PP were sorting it out but hey ho - dh then took the opportunity to say ' I thought you had her views, why are you asking again' at which point she completely went to pieces and started to mutter and splutter and she told him it was all to do with 'planning' dh told her he thought it was madness that they were doing it. It if it had been arranged then our daughter would be there. Glad that he caught her on the hop! I intrigued to know what this 'planning' PP told me the forms has been emailed through - I suspect they are the same forms although maybe they ar different if they are for 'planning'

TOWIE2014 Tue 04-Mar-14 18:29:54

Why do they need to "plan"? "Plan" what - support for her? According to LA, your DD's support is fine and nothing is wrong whatsoever. If that's the case then there's no need for them to "plan" - according to them, there's nothing to plan!

It's all so illogical - my poor little brain can't cope with it!

It'll be interesting to see if they serve the first set of views. I'll bet you a virtual fiver they don't grin

bjkmummy Tue 04-Mar-14 18:33:32

I've served them towie already :-) plus now have the email stating nothing wrong with them :-)

TOWIE2014 Tue 04-Mar-14 18:36:17

No - I want to see if they do too. They should serve them - even if you have already. They can't serve the 2nd set without the 1st set. grin

What a tangled web we weave!!!

bjkmummy Tue 04-Mar-14 18:50:20

well we will know by Thursday 5pm - no doubt with them knocking on my front door to do it!

StarlightMcKingsThree Tue 04-Mar-14 19:35:02

I have to say bjk, that if it wasn't for the life chances of a young person at the centre of all this, it would be bloody entertaining.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now