Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

reduced timetable , any thoughts / advice ?

(5 Posts)
thriftychic Sun 02-Mar-14 11:43:16

sorry if im repeating myself a bit here but ds2 (15) in year 10 , struggles with school as he cannot see the point of it confused

up until the last few weeks attendance has been hit and miss due to refusing to go , things have improved with that now that the additional needs service have been in and made some suggestions .
trouble is ds2 has many subjects he needs to do homework for and next year it will be big time revision . This is never going to happen . I cannot get him to do homework without big meltdowns which result in him refusing to go to school the next day . He feels that just going to school and working there should be enough and school and home are not mixing! its taken me all week to get him to do some geography and he wont entertain the maths sheet which he keeps lying about , telling me it isnt homework hmm

the only solution i can see is to reduce his subjects and get him doing the revsion and homework during school time .

school dont seem to be taking this on board. I have asked and i have emailed and had no response . I am planning on asking once more in a more assertive way as before its all sort of got lost in a myriad of other issues . If they refuse , is that it ? nothing more i can do ?
anybody have any suggestions or asked for this in a high school before ?

thanks x

PolterGoose Sun 02-Mar-14 11:48:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ineedmorepatience Sun 02-Mar-14 12:22:35

We are also heading down this road, Dd3 is on a reduced timetable in Primary and am seeing the SENCO at secondary on Wednesday to go through all her many and varied adjustments!!

Dd3 now doesnt get any homework due to the massive anxiety that it causes, goodness only knows what secondary senco will think of that confused

Good luck thriftyI really hope they see sense.

thriftychic Sun 02-Mar-14 19:33:47

Thankyou ,hope so smile

sweetteamum Sun 02-Mar-14 19:48:41

My ds is just the same, but he's only in year 6. I can foresee things getting a lot worse. He is getting sats sheets every week.

I've actually got a meeting tomorrow and was considering asking them something similar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now