Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anyone know of any apps like Primary Maths but for Science, Literacy etc?

(3 Posts)
MuddyBlueCoat Fri 28-Feb-14 18:35:14

following on from parent's evening <sigh> does anyone know of apps in simialr format to Primary Maths - able to set curriculum by year, practice elements in isolation and also have a random mix of questions?

dd2 is all over the shop - NC levels she is ahead across the board, but her performance and output in class is so variable that she is onw mostly scoring 'struggling and needs help' using the school's own grading system.

Cost not a factor, so a subscription service/app also fine, but needs to be an app ideally, not for use on a PC.

zzzzz Fri 28-Feb-14 18:58:54

No but it would be fab. The guy who wrote Primary Maths is very nice/sensible. You could try asking him if he knows of one.

I would love them.

For literacy I use montessori "lets learn to read" sometimes with ds1. It's very American but he likes it. No story just endless multiple choice type questions you read to answer (sneaky).

MuddyBlueCoat Fri 28-Feb-14 19:54:33

Thanks, zzzzz, I'll take a look at that one.

I'm finding it quite had to source decent quality 'next level' apps overall, tbh. I had shedloads of initial learning - phonics, pre school shape and number etc. but now that both dd's are past that it's tricky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now