Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Feeling sad and just tired of it

(6 Posts)
sparklesandbling Fri 28-Feb-14 13:42:23

Just that really.

We are about to go through all the bits in our loft and decided to sell/get rid of all the baby things as we have come to the decision that we will not be having another child sad

DD has lots of issues and I love her so very much but this week has been such a challenge. I have to restrain her almost on a daily basis as the meltdowns are getting worse and all I can think is 'this is my life !'

She has been getting up at all random hours and I just feel sad and shit really.

Just needed to get that off my chest as I haven't really got anyone to talk to except DH but then he doesn't want to talk about things either.

frizzcat Fri 28-Feb-14 14:01:33

How old is your dd Sparkles? Is this a decision that has to be made now?
flowers wine to you, give yourself time with these decisions in making them and accepting them. Also don't be governed by the pace you think you should going at, make sure you're moving at the pace you need. Does that make sense? blush
By all means go through the loft, but maybe keep the baby things, just until your in a better head space.

sparklesandbling Fri 28-Feb-14 14:13:59

DD is 4 1/2 but her problems are to do with her brain not growing like it should. The most likely cause is genetic and this is why we are unlikely to have another baby.

Unfortunately we are awaiting several genetic tests and this is also why the decision feels so shit because it is most likely the outcome in any event.

zzzzz Fri 28-Feb-14 14:16:33

Gosh that sounds miserable. How old is your dd? Are you worried about having another child with sn or the impact of dd on a nt child's life?
I agree with the poster above. Go slowly and be kind to yourself.

frizzcat Fri 28-Feb-14 15:22:41

Sparkles please don't clear your loft yet. Not because I'm breezingly saying "it's all fine - have another baby". But, you've got these test results coming and even though you say you know what they're going to reveal, that's different to a confirmation.
Try to take things slow, try and get a break and try not to do everything all at once, slow and steady what's needed here.

frizzcat Fri 28-Feb-14 15:25:01

Posted too soon, - you don't know how you're going to feel when these results come back, so try to keep everything that you can control, calm and stress free. When you get your head around these results, the loft will still be waiting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now