Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Is it worth resubmitting DLA claim to try and get higher rate DLA?

(3 Posts)
goldenretriever Fri 28-Feb-14 13:36:36

My son will soon be 5 and recently received a letter to say he will get LRM on top of his HRC. He is banded E and I would say severely Autistic. Any advice appreciated - is it worth appealing for HRM? Not sure how severe he would need to be. TIA.

ouryve Fri 28-Feb-14 13:57:55

If you reapply unless he is up all night, there is a risk that you could lose the HRC. You need to think carefully about it.

I'm guessing the banding is an LA thing for his statement? My boys are both E on the scale A-F and get MRC/LRM - DS2 should be HRC/HRM, IMO, but it's not something I have the energy to fight.

lougle Fri 28-Feb-14 14:09:54

How severe the disability is has nothing to do with the mobility element (unless you are claiming on the grounds of severe mental impairment with severe behavioural issues). If the child can physically walk, unless you can convince the assessor that your child behaviour is such that it renders them 'virtually unable to walk' then you won't get HRM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now