Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

The DSs are starting a new school...

(4 Posts)
MissBetseyTrotwood Fri 28-Feb-14 12:09:13

… and they have a taster day next week.

I just got emailed the curriculum map for the term. They seem way ahead from where DS2's class is at the moment.

We are moving from a huge, bustling inner city primary with lots of SN represented (but a crap SENCO to boot) to a small quiet village school with not much SN.

The week after they start there's a class assembly for DS2's class. I'm terrified already.

We are moving just as the paeds are getting into gear with screening DS2 for autism (as well as his other needs - Speech and Language, Hearing Impairment, balance and mobility and behavioural problems).

Starting to think it wasn't such a good idea. He had a huuuge melt down at drop off this morning and had to be carried in by the Learning Mentor. Feel like all the other parents at the new school will probably hate us. sad

Sorry to dump, I'm just starting to panic about our move. The situation where we are now is far from ideal but it's what we know and they know us. They know that DS2 is a lovely, lovely boy underneath all his issues. DH thinks I'm being ridiculous and has stalked off upstairs to get back to work.

MissBetseyTrotwood Fri 28-Feb-14 14:01:40

Just bumping myself.

Afraid to move house now, after months of thinking it would be the best thing for all of us.

lougle Fri 28-Feb-14 14:07:27

I've been there (I moved DD2 last year). It will be ok. Whether they cope well, or don't, it will help them to have this as part of the picture.

MissBetseyTrotwood Fri 28-Feb-14 14:18:31

Thanks lougle . Mega melt down at school this morning with everyone staring at us just made me nervous. It's bad enough when lots of people looking know you but worse when they don't!

And if there's one thing that MN has taught me it's that people judge .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now