Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Rear facing car seats - any recommendations?

(8 Posts)
bluebirdonmyshoulder Thu 27-Feb-14 22:18:45

Bluechick has nearly grown out of her first car seat (should have grown out of it a while ago but she's very little) and we want to get another rear facing one as her head control still isn't great and we feel rear facing is safer.

Any recommendations? It needs to be quite snug and secure as she's still a lot smaller than average.

Thanks all.

hazeyjane Thu 27-Feb-14 22:25:26

We got the BeSafe izi Combi like this but we didn't have the isofix version. Ds out grew it a couple of months ago (so when he was about 3.3ish). It is very supportive and was recommended by his physio. We used some money from Family Fund to buy it when ds was about the same age as BlueChick.

(if you live anywhere near Wiltshire, you can have it, as it is sitting in our shed doing nothing!)

hazeyjane Thu 27-Feb-14 22:25:55

sorry link!

bluebirdonmyshoulder Thu 27-Feb-14 22:31:00

That looks good, I was just looking at the Maxi Cosi Opal but that looks great.

Your kind offer is very tempting but I think we're after one that could be 'isofixed'. Let me discuss with Mr Bird, we would pay you in wine !

hazeyjane Thu 27-Feb-14 22:39:20

It is here if you are interested, I only accept payment in wine and cake.smile

chocnomore Thu 27-Feb-14 23:55:56

we have the besafe izi x3 as well. ours is also isofixed.

Dd1was in it until 4.5. Dd2 just turned three and I guess it will be at least another year until she outgrows her seat.

Sneezecakesmum Fri 28-Feb-14 10:24:08

Another besafe izi here. Used up to age 4 and was very comfortable and supportive for a low tone child. Expensive though!

beautifulgirls Fri 28-Feb-14 20:50:38

We had the besafe izi combo non isofix too. DD3 was nearly 4 before we turned her forward facing and she is not a small child for her age. We only turned her around as the weight recommendation suggested after a certain weight to do this. We found the seat really easy to use, though it is quite bulky. We have a ford Galaxy so there was however sufficient space for us in that, but I am not as sure how it will suit other cars. We went to a shop that we located via the www.rearfacing.co.uk website and we were able to try a couple of different seats out in the car with them so that we were happy with the choice and fit of the seat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now