Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

What a morning!!!

(18 Posts)
sbutt78 Wed 26-Feb-14 10:55:54

Wake up to hearing my daughter crying and shouting for my son to get off her, so I go in and he's on top of her punching her again sad
We go downstairs and he's running around throwing cushions onto the floor, kicking them. I ask him to stop and I get screamed at to shut up, then he comes with his fist up at me.... Then it's time to get dressed and he starts complaining his hand hurts, so i look and can't see anything wrong, have a feel, he starts screaming at me that it hurts, then his leg hurts and is screaming about that (hand forgotten about).....

then I ask him to pick up his pj's and put them where they go and again more shouting and aggression.

Shoes on, runs out the house, down the road, finally get him in the car and he changes, just like that. A conversation starts by him "mummy who do you think was the 1st person to drive down the motorway".....

get out the car, he throws his coat and lunch box on the floor... the caretaker told him to pick it up which he did!

Finally at school....and BREATH!

PolterGoose Wed 26-Feb-14 11:01:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sbutt78 Wed 26-Feb-14 11:03:26

I'm at work for a break :-) No cake slimming world wouldn't like it :D

sbutt78 Wed 26-Feb-14 11:04:08

but defo a brew

PolterGoose Wed 26-Feb-14 11:16:24

sbutt78 Wed 26-Feb-14 11:17:10

Very true, in that case I'll have a wine tonight as well then.

PolterGoose Wed 26-Feb-14 11:21:07

ouryve Wed 26-Feb-14 11:25:16

It's mornings like that when I remind my boys that it's a good job I love them brew

After two pretty dire mornings, for various reasons, this morning was quite calm for us. Of course, DS2 wouldn't put his coat on. And of course, DS1 wanted cream on his face because it's dry and sore where the corners of his coat rub when he's chewed them, then couldn't stand the feeling of it, so rubbed it all off on my coat. Oh, and DS2 insisted on watching alphablocks on his nook with the sound turned right up, which annoyed DS1, but I wasn't going to take it off him because I gave it to him to distract him from his mission to strip off. And DS1 didn't like the cranberry and raspberry squash I gave him to wash his pill down with, so, as I found out when I stepped in it, poured it on the carpet. But yes, today was so much better than yesterday and the day before confused

sbutt78 Wed 26-Feb-14 11:26:31

hate to sound negative but I'm sure to night is going to be as bad.

I know this is going to happen for sure - So behaviour support have set up a reward system for him, the idea is for him to complete puzzles in class due to good behaviour. So - 1 puzzle (6 bits) = 10 minutes doing what he wants at home. So he's chosen to play on the laptop which is fine. BUT he's already started about it this morning and said that he's going on there and that DD can't. I said you can you have your reward time and then she can go on there. So he starts shouting no at me. So I'm sure tonight this will carry on. It's all well and good them saying 10 minutes but when 10 minutes is up, do you think he wants to come off??? Last night was 30 minutes because he completed the puzzle 3 times but he still wanted to continue playing all night.

and why am I rewarding him at home for what he's done at school? Don't really get that part but just doing what behaviour support are telling me to do.

sbutt78 Wed 26-Feb-14 11:29:04

ouryve...oh bless you that sounds just like us.... however my DD is generallly quite easy going and well behaved. It's just my DS2....

let's all have a brew and cake smile

PolterGoose Wed 26-Feb-14 11:30:34

ouryve Wed 26-Feb-14 11:32:18

You are correct - rewards for things that happen at school really should be given at school - and probably need to be a lot more immediate, or else he'll spend all day thinking about them.

sbutt78 Wed 26-Feb-14 11:34:11

It seems to work for him in school (well we've been doing it for 2 days so far) I am expecting the novelty to wear off soon. As it did before.

It's hard when you have people telling you to do this do that.... caught in that middle man position where you don't know which is the best way to go. Frustrating.

sbutt78 Wed 26-Feb-14 11:36:03

they seem to do a reward in school too, yesterday he took 15 minutes out to do some basketball.... next meeting is next week so I shall be asking why I am rewarding him at home for what he's done at school... Also, I feel that he thinks he can be bad at home but still be rewarded... .

Like this mornings behaviour I'm still going to reward him tonight ...... confused!!

ouryve Wed 26-Feb-14 12:51:48

That's the exact problem - you're being left with no autonomy to effectively deal with your own home based issues.

sbutt78 Wed 26-Feb-14 13:06:31

sad sometimes feel that their help is a hindrance.......

youarewinning Thu 27-Feb-14 07:26:19

Ouryve and polter are right - you have nothing to use as a bribe! an encouragement at home.
Also if he's like my DS if he'd earnt half hr it would have to be straight from school - therefore the things that you may want him to do or stuff you need to do as family getting in the way will cause problems again. And your right he's then rewarded anyhow.

I would suggest the school give him computer time at school. So if he's earnt 10 minutes in morning he gets it before lunch and same before end of the day.

sbutt78 Thu 27-Feb-14 09:43:28

Thanks youarewinning. I will be bringing this to the schools attention x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now