Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anyone with a DC on CPAP?

(3 Posts)
SallyBear Wed 26-Feb-14 07:39:33

A bit of advice. DD is on humidified CPAP, and she has had a bad cold which I think has now spread to her sinuses. She's been blocked up for over 14 days and its now really affecting her sleep. The CPAP doesn't seem to push past the congestion which I would have expected. Taking her to the GP today to see if we can get antibiotics.

My question is this; could we put one drop of olbas oil or Karvol in the water bath of her machine? Will it work or will it wreck her machine (smell wont go away etc.), or even it may be detrimental to her? Any advice out there please?? Quite desperate!

Toots38 Wed 26-Feb-14 15:06:24

Dd is on bipap at night. We we're told that any foreign ( not distilled water) used In the humidifier would ruin it as the plate is so sensitive. Whether or not this is true I don't know.
I'm sure you already know this but how about some saline via a nebuliser to ease the congestion? Is that an option?

SallyBear Wed 26-Feb-14 15:52:43

We don't have a nebuliser, but the GP prescribed antibiotics and saline drops this morning for a sinus infection. GOSH rang ResMed who said no to drops in the water, but suggested to crank up the humidifier to 4.5. Hopefully this will all do the trick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now