Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

help & advice not sure if there is something wrong?

(5 Posts)
spudpudding Sun 23-Feb-14 14:38:35

just wondered if anyone can help me my ds is 7 years old and doesn't have learning difficulties but has always been fussy. He has experienced a lot of social problems at school and although he has friends he does struggle. He also reacts to sounds smells bright lights and clothing labels. He has a very limited diet and on a recent visit to grandmas everything smelled and tasted wrong.

The thing is should I do anything? family all think that if we can cope that I should just carry on, apart from reception class the teachers at school have not said anything, he is not disruptive and quite bright.

When I spoke to health visitor, she said he was fussy and sensitive.

any opinions??

PolterGoose Sun 23-Feb-14 14:54:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PolterGoose Sun 23-Feb-14 14:56:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spudpudding Sun 23-Feb-14 20:23:36

thank you

Ineedmorepatience Sun 23-Feb-14 21:04:08

Yep, you could be describing my Dd3 too. She has recently been diagnosed as having sensory processing disorder and she also has Asd. She is very able and well behaved at school but she does have lots of problems.

The difficulties have got more visible as she has got older. There is a book called the highly sensitive child as well which I have heard is quite good although I havent read it myself.

Good lucksmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now