Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

getting a bit scared now…...

(4 Posts)
sunnyweatherplease Thu 20-Feb-14 14:17:55

After a very long wait, our CAMHS appointment is becoming closer. We are due to see a psychiatrist. I will not be surprised to hear talk of ADHD, ODD and poss Aspergers. Am having a little panic now that my dd will be prescribed drugs, and she will change forever. Of course I would welcome respite from her behaviour, but I love my little dd just as she is. Will she become a different person if she is given drugs? Is it likely she will be prescribed drugs? Will this first psychiatrist appoint be a review, or will it move things forward?
Any experiences/advice welcome. please.

PolterGoose Thu 20-Feb-14 14:23:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sunnyweatherplease Thu 20-Feb-14 15:50:34

Thanks PolterGoose. There's been a lot of speculating over what dd's problems are, and I've been led to believe that a psychiatrist may be able to diagnose something / shed some light.
I just hope we can get to know what we're dealing with asap.

StarlightMcKingsThree Thu 20-Feb-14 16:35:17

Medication sometimes can be given temporarily in order to ensure your child is receptive to learning the strategies that will mean they no longer need medication iyswim. Without it reaching them in the first place can be difficult.

But you'll remain a key person in the decisions for Dx and treatments so don't panic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now