Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

1st Multi Assessment

(6 Posts)
skuntoo Sun 16-Feb-14 14:25:54

We had our 1st Multi Assessment on Friday for our DD who is almost 4 for possible ASD behaviours.
I didn't get the call to attend until Thursday as someone dropped out last minute so prepped her as much as possible she doesn't like change to her routine.
She has been very distraught very pacey and spinning and is continuously repeating random words she had a really bad nights sleep woke 4 Times crying leg kicking jerking and tapping her arm against the bed.
I'm most worried as alot of her behaviours we only see at home she doesn't display any of these behaviours at school except her problems with social communication she's like 2 different people!!!
What if the multi assessment team don't see what we see or am I just being silly????

PolterGoose Sun 16-Feb-14 14:47:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

skuntoo Sun 16-Feb-14 15:13:30

Thank God it's not just me my partner thought I was crazy
I showed video of her pacing to her teacher and she was shocked( picked that tip up from here on my very first post)
She going to see them again on Friday and has a care plan meeting set up the week after shall I show the multi assessment team her videos or do they think they will think I'm interfering with their own findings??
Thanks for the thanks

PolterGoose Sun 16-Feb-14 15:20:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Redoubtable Sun 16-Feb-14 17:31:58

OP good luck on Friday.

I agree about keeping a diary, list of behaviours that worry you and specific examples (I find they fly out of my head when I'm put on the spot).

And videos are good too.

skuntoo Sun 16-Feb-14 19:59:12

Thank you Redoubtable
Kept a diary since the summer as soon as someone mentioned it on here but I think I was a bit thrown as it was arranged at the last minute so gonna be more prepared this week.
They gave me a letter with all the details on it mentions home visit so gonna ask it we can arrange one.
But it was nice as there was 3 girls in the group and the Lady said it was good that more girls are getting the help they need found that resurring
Either way we will know where we stand on the 28th got everything crossed!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now