Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Common assessment form

(10 Posts)
Levantine Sun 16-Feb-14 10:28:45

Our Senco asked me and his class teacher to come up with objectives on the common assessment form, but I was really unsure what should be put there and so was the ct. she wanted us to do it then and there and then me to sign it without seeing the final form.

How important is a CAF? Should I not worry too much about it? What should i ask to be put in that section? Ds is 7 and his issues are anxiety, suicidal ideation, aggression - all manifests at home and very little at school

AliceinWinterWonderland Sun 16-Feb-14 10:49:14

I'm not really sure, to be honest. I've been offered the opportunity for CAF a couple of times (if it's what I'm thinking of) and I've refused, more of a fear of getting more people involved than anything else.

I would think that it's better to give a clear picture of what's going on. I imagine they'll just bypass any extraneous information that they don't need - but more info will give them a better idea of what's needed.

I'd be interested in your opinion on the process as you go through it, if you don't mind updating as you go along?

AliceinWinterWonderland Sun 16-Feb-14 10:50:09

Oh, sorry, objectives. Can you make a prioritised list and then discuss it with them?

Levantine Sun 16-Feb-14 11:04:46

I thought we had to fill in a CAF to get in outside agencies?

The Senco is supposed to be ringing me next week. The proposed intervention is the asd outreach teacher coming into school.

Would the objectives be to decrease his aggression to other children at school? To somehow address his anxiety?

RightRoyalPainInTheArse Sun 16-Feb-14 12:10:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RightRoyalPainInTheArse Sun 16-Feb-14 12:10:48

PolterGoose Sun 16-Feb-14 12:26:46

AliceinWinterWonderland Sun 16-Feb-14 12:49:22

We've not had one. DS1 has seen OT, SALT, PT. All organised through paed. They've come to see DS1 at the school after the initial assessment at their offices, but referral came from paed.

Levantine Sun 16-Feb-14 12:59:36

Oh right, that's quite reassuring. School is really bad with paperwork and I was a bit hmm that they hadn't done it.

I just can't see what I can possibly put that is measurable but maybe that doesn't matter

RightRoyalPainInTheArse Sun 16-Feb-14 13:02:11

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now