Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Congenital limb defects..

(7 Posts)
PerksOfBeingMe Sat 15-Feb-14 16:17:38

Hello, I'm nearly 20 weeks pregnant with boy/girl twins and at the 18 week ultrasound they couldn't see my sons legs. I had another ultrasound yesterday to try and confirm it. They think that his legs stop just after the knees. We're obviously in shock, but have been amazed by the support we've received. Luckily my daughter has no defects and is completely healthy. I was wondering if anyone else has children with congenital limb defects? And how you coped..? Any advise would be welcome!

autumnsmum Sat 15-Feb-14 16:36:21

Bump

PolterGoose Sat 15-Feb-14 17:30:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

theDudesmummy Sat 15-Feb-14 17:35:55

Yes, welcome and please keep posting here, it is a very supportive community, whatever your individual journey is, and whatever the specific difficulties there are many things we share, whether our children have physical, developmental or mental difficulties...

emmaand3 Sat 15-Feb-14 20:41:22

Hi, my daughter has hip dysplasia - different obviously but Steps charity are a brilliant resource for children with a lower limb conditions. They are be able to support or point you to someone who can.

bluebirdonmyshoulder Sun 16-Feb-14 08:50:23

Very sorry to hear this, it must have been a horrible shock for you.

No practical advice I'm afraid but just wanted to say please keep posting.

My Dd has a chromosome abnormality and I promise you, these little people will surprise you with what they're capable of. And you'll surprise yourself too.

PerksOfBeingMe Sun 16-Feb-14 16:12:25

Thanks everyone! I shall keep posting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now