Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

A corker from dd1 :)

(8 Posts)
NewBlueCoat Fri 14-Feb-14 17:51:03

dd1 was gluten free for years (she now eats a normal diet with digestive supplements).

Over that time, we obviously used to tell her 'no, not for you, it's got gluten in' or similar.

she ahs always been interested in asking what she can/can't have etc.

at tea, ds had one of those Goodies
oat bars. dd1 asked what was in it, and if it had gluten etc.

she's just wandered back up to me and said 'gluten is weeds. it has weeds in. and flour'

methinks she has understood a different type of flour grin and has linked back from there to overcorrect to weeds, rather than wheat...

god knows what school thinks we feed her...

LastingLight Fri 14-Feb-14 18:07:41

smile

How old is your dd?

NewBlueCoat Fri 14-Feb-14 18:12:11

she's 9 now. we went cf/gf with her when she was 2, and 7 long years later trialled a normal diet + supplements.

PolterGoose Fri 14-Feb-14 18:28:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chocnomore Fri 14-Feb-14 18:39:57

grin

can I hijack and ask why/how/when you decided to go back on gluten?
Dd1 had digestive issues and we went GF 2 years ago and I keep wondering if I should have her on a GF diet forever or re-introduce gluten at some point. suppose it is also a case of trial and error hmm

NewBlueCoat Fri 14-Feb-14 18:59:33

we went gf/cf when dd1 was 2, as her bowel health was not good. at all. (sorry for TMI) rancid, loose stools, which burned her like battery acid.

after gf/cf, it improved, slowly, little by little, but was still not great for a number of years.

when she was about 7ish, it improved, seemingly overnight (we had done quite a few bouts of other supplements along the way - lots of vit B to aid digestion etc), and her stools were properly formed for the first time since she was about 12 months old.

so I thought about it then, and read up a bit <understatement>

and then was too chicken to do it for a couple of years grin

we trialled it because a few of the things which had been a complete no-no for so many years (eg things with colourings/flavourings etc) were beginning to be ok. and apples. they didn't have the awful effect they used to have.

and so we summoned up the courage to trial it. and yes, it was trial and error after that point, with a very close eye kept on bowel health, bloated tummy, and behaviours too (we always could tell when she'd had a gluten transgression, as it was the only time she was really aggressive).

we use Houston Enzymes, Trienza. and dd1 has thankfully been absolutely fine (and is loving her new found food freedom - all those things she has no memory of ever having are now available to her smile)

youarewinning Fri 14-Feb-14 19:56:06

grin Bless her - I just love it when they put 2 and 2 together and get 7!

chocnomore Fri 14-Feb-14 20:01:16

thanks newblue - and geat that it is working m for your Dd smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now