Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Recommendation for Neology Development Expert

(4 Posts)
IndiaBound Fri 14-Feb-14 16:15:45


Our DD has an MRI which showed reduced white matter and the neurologist thinks that, coupled or because of her prematurity (2 months early) is the cause of her slow development.

She has recommended a colleague that will do a development assessment, tell us where DD is, and, most importantly for us, tell us exactly what we should be doing (physio, stimulation, etc.) to assist DD to develop.

The trouble is, we just can't get this consultant to reply to our emails and calls.

So, does anyone else have good experience of a similar person in or close to London?


RightRoyalPainInTheArse Sun 16-Feb-14 12:49:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ProfJamesMoriarty Sun 16-Feb-14 16:06:35

Did you mean Neurology development consultant?

If you are looking to go private, you can contact any of the big private hospitals in London. They all have NHS consultants working there privately part time. This is one way of gettings things moving quicker.

Bupa Chromwell
Chelsea and Westminster all have private outpatient clinics.

clangermum Sun 16-Feb-14 16:16:42

If looking at NHS, Great Ormond Street has a neurodisability team - don't know if that would be any good? Pm if you want more details.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: