Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Carers allowance notifying them of changes

(5 Posts)
Stressedtothehilt Fri 14-Feb-14 07:24:18

My work hours are due to increase and I will no longer be entitled to carers allowance whilst I am working the extra hours. Do I just fill in the form online to notify/ring and tell them. Once I've done this will they require me to send them a whole load of gubbins of payslips like I did when I first applied a few years ago? Or is different if you are cancelling it? Dreading the thought of trying to find payslips!! Eeeeekkkk. Just want to prepare in advance before my work shuts for half term in case I need to request copies. Thanks

PolterGoose Fri 14-Feb-14 09:29:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Stressedtothehilt Fri 14-Feb-14 10:59:00

Thanks polter i will actually be a tenner a week worse off financially but I enjoy the work so hopefully will be ok smile

chocnomore Fri 14-Feb-14 14:07:24

are you paying into a pension? I was just a couple of quid over the threshold for CA and just increased my pension contribution (50% of your pension contributions are taken into consideration when calculating your entitlement) so kept my CA and a few extra £ go into my pension pot wink

Stressedtothehilt Fri 14-Feb-14 15:57:10

Thanks choc I do pay into pension but I only just scrape it past the threshold at the min I think I will be well over when my hours increase thanks though. Have just rung them I need to send feb and March payslips so not too bad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: