Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Waiting time for SENDIST date

(7 Posts)
noslimbody Fri 14-Feb-14 00:15:13

Could some one please let me know how long is the average waiting time for a tribunal date at the moment.
I have heard back from an EP who says he is available at the end of May. I have just sent off my appeal form this week. I want to know whether I should say yes or no, really want to use him. He is David Urani, and I know he mostly works overseas so his time in UK is short.
How long is everyone waiting?
TIA

bjkmummy Fri 14-Feb-14 00:18:42

what are you appealing against? mine is refusal to assess - sent the form off - got the date 2 weeks later - tribunal in 3 months time so turn around for these are pretty quick as panel sitting with judge and one member only. got my date last week and its the beginning of may.

noslimbody Fri 14-Feb-14 00:30:35

Thankyou! Mine is also refusal to assess. I think I might go ahead and book him then. It should be ok, I sent in my for beginning of this week.

bjkmummy Fri 14-Feb-14 00:37:48

I think you may get a date at the end of may ish - reports have to be in 4 weeks before so that takes you to the beginning of may. are you wanting him to attend at the end of may or write the report? ive been caught out by the date being so quick so cant get an EP report but thankfully I already do have one - just cant get it updated

bjkmummy Fri 14-Feb-14 00:38:27

you could I guess always ring the tribunal and ask what date they are now listing at

noslimbody Fri 14-Feb-14 00:45:26

Ah yes I had forgotten about the 4 weeks before tribunal deadline, darn!
His last EP involvement with LA was in 2009, and he is on school action plus. I'd laugh if it wasn't so awful! The school actually sent in my other son's EP assessment as proof that no assessment is necessary, I knew they were incompetent but FFS!
I can phone the tribunal tomorrow and ask them, half term is next week. My first as a single parent, so should be interesting...

bjkmummy Fri 14-Feb-14 08:41:04

there is a lot of us on here at the moment appealing refusal to assess so will be in good company and lot of advice will be availanle! the tribunal now about to start to get busy as the appeals for secondary start to go in as the deadline for school placement passes this week. I think I sent my appeal in at the end of January and got a date just short of 2 weeks later and that's first week in may so im guessing if you do it now you are looking at the end of may - ideally you need end of june /early july. I know you can apply for the date to changed if the date when it comes through is not a date that would be good for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now