Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Asd/OCD and blushing!

(6 Posts)
ashtrayheart Thu 13-Feb-14 23:00:43

So my nearly 15 yo ds, who hasn't been in lessons for over a year - (goes to school but has one to one ta with him in learning support area) tells me tonight that the reason he can't go into lessons is because he blushes when people talk to him; if he didn't blush he would go into lessons?!
He is dx social anxiety/OCD and Camhs are going to assess him soon for possible asd.
School are pissing me off as their only tactic seems to be trying to bully him into lessons and he's been turned down for a statutory assessment - I am starting an appeal. I'm looking to move schools but now this new revelation from ds tonight has made me wonder- would beta blockers maybe help? I'm going to ask Camhs tomorrow.
That would explain why he goes into pe and nothing else, as everyone is red! <penny drops>

PolterGoose Fri 14-Feb-14 09:20:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ashtrayheart Fri 14-Feb-14 18:12:31

No meds currently, just cbt once a week. I will be seeing the psychiatrist soon for the asd assessment so will ask about meds.

PolterGoose Fri 14-Feb-14 18:21:41

ashtrayheart Fri 14-Feb-14 19:04:10

Thank you! Half term next week luckily so a nice breather from it all.

PolterGoose Fri 14-Feb-14 19:06:16

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now