Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ADOS test done at home instead of clinic

(4 Posts)
adrianna1 Tue 11-Feb-14 23:08:49

Hi

My four year old son is due to have a second ADOS autism assessment. As his first result was inconclusive.

I am now considering if they would be able to test him in the clinic as well as at home. Simply because I do not want another inconclusive result...going through all these assessments all over again.

What do you guys think??

NoRunAround Wed 12-Feb-14 11:02:06

Was your ds seen at clinic or home last time?

Ds was 8 at the time of his first ADOS and did not cooperate at clinic. The clinical pysch visited him at home and carried it out there, very informally. This was followed up by a 3 hour ADI with me and school!

adrianna1 Wed 12-Feb-14 13:12:39

Hi

he was seen at the clinic last time. But I also want them to see him in his home environment, so they can see what he likes. The issue with my DS is that he acts different in different surroundings/people and this is quite confusing for the professionals.

Ineedmorepatience Wed 12-Feb-14 13:29:00

You should push for a home assessment if you know he is going to be different at home.

It is bonkers that the Proffs still dont get how many children with Asd or Asd traits behave differently in different settings.

Home is safe and you can be who you are, schools and clincs are alien and unnatuaral surrounds where our Dc's follow routines and rules just to get them trought the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now