Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Wow - a very proud mum tonight. Needed to share somewhere people will understand!

(17 Posts)
youarewinning Tue 11-Feb-14 20:23:08

DS attends swimming lessons. His co ordination is terrible and although he's always been a good swimmer his stroke has never been great. Also struggles with using a float as gripping it takes all his energy and concentration.

Anyway - his swim school have organised a gala which means the fastest 12 boys and then girls from each stage 5 upwards will swim and the top 24 will be in relay.

DS had made real improvements lately and his swimming teacher has been amazed. They have been doing timed swims for a few weeks.

Got to his lesson tonight and DS is in the team. Not just the relay but Simone of the fastest 12 in his stage group. grin ........... And he actually wants to do the gala.

Holycowiloveyoureyes Tue 11-Feb-14 20:28:34

Brilliant.

Well done your DS grin

PolterGoose Tue 11-Feb-14 20:31:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

zzzzz Tue 11-Feb-14 20:40:21

Wow....grin I love the good news.

Triumphant HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK

MariaNotChristmas Tue 11-Feb-14 20:42:03

grin

Celebratory cake all round

chocolatewine Tue 11-Feb-14 21:03:00

Well done to your ds smile

lougle Tue 11-Feb-14 21:06:13

WOWWW! Well done!

RestingActress Tue 11-Feb-14 21:07:34

Fantastic, well done to your DS

Ineedmorepatience Tue 11-Feb-14 21:18:52

Yay!! It must be a week of galas Dd3 has been picked for one on Thursday too.

Well done miniyou

youarewinning Tue 11-Feb-14 21:20:46

Well done mini-ineed

WhatsHisChops Tue 11-Feb-14 21:37:10

Love hearing stuff like this, well done all of you! Xx

AtYourCervix Tue 11-Feb-14 21:40:10

That is wonderful!

Well done little swimmers.

youarewinning Tue 11-Feb-14 22:05:56

The conversation I had with him in the car home was hilarious!

DS " it's not the winning that counts but the taking part"
Me" that's true but it would be nice to win so you have to try and go your fastest"
DS" but I have to be happy whatever happens because it's not good to be a bad winner or a bad loser!"

It'll be a good 2 heats because there is only 3 seconds between the fastest and slowest boys.

I'll just be pleased if DS gets up on the blocks and actually races instead of freezes with fear grin

youarewinning Tue 11-Feb-14 22:07:36

And by 'happy' he means nonchalant - if by some miracle! he wins he'll be the least excited child in the pool!

Skylar123 Tue 11-Feb-14 22:08:35

Well done to your Ds x

AgnesDiPesto Wed 12-Feb-14 09:14:29

Well done. You may need to prepare him for the noise level / cheering of galas (it can be pretty overwhelming for any child). And the rules - so often they only tell them the rules on the day eg touching end, how many lengths etc and they don't listen and mess up. You could watch some Olympic swimming on YouTube etc.

bluebirdonmyshoulder Wed 12-Feb-14 10:19:46

Congratulations! Fantastic achievement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now