Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Getting and using school reports/assessments

(3 Posts)
Bilberry Tue 11-Feb-14 00:26:09

My ds school put in an application for a special unit place. I was given a chance to read the application but not given a copy - can I get this under data protection?

Also, several of the reports I have copies of have 'the contents of this report should not be copied without the author's permission' on them. Where do I stand on this if I want to use them to apply to the LA or for an appeal? These are LA/NHS reports so they won't be keen to have them copied to enable me to present a case against them and using the original is risky! Seemed a small thing when I saw it but I think I am beginning to see its purpose....angry

2boysnamedR Tue 11-Feb-14 11:25:27

I should think legally you should be able to obtain any data on you / your child under data protection or freedom of information.

I have copied nhs reports to the lea as they was cc to school in the first place. For indi reports I ask the person who wrote the report which hasn't been a issue so far as all indi reports have been made to help ds education anyway

wetaugust Tue 11-Feb-14 18:34:36

Yes, you should be given a copy of the report and yes, you can use any reports that have these (stupid) 'restrictions' on them.

You should remind all these idiots that the SEN COP expects schools and other agencies to work in partnership with parents.

Excluding you is not acceptable.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: