Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Draft statement meeting with LEA

(5 Posts)
TheChroniclesOfMeap Fri 07-Feb-14 16:26:28

We received a draft statement that was not specified or quantified so returned it with amendments to the LEA. They now want to meet at school with the Headmaster attending the meeting. Is it normal for a Head to attend?

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 07-Feb-14 16:29:05

Well done for returning this statement; it should be rejected by you anyway because it is also unlawful. Statements have to be both specified and quantified as per case law.

Sounds like LEA are perhaps wanting to stall things too.

Have you talked to IPSEA about this matter, I would suggest you do so as a matter of course.

www.ipsea.org.uk is their website.

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Fri 07-Feb-14 16:43:02

I would ask them to finalise so that you can put in appeal and then have any discussions once that clock is ticking. You can always withdraw your appeal. You might find that the LA no longer want to have any communication with you when you are a 'tribunal case'. smile That is an indication of their willingness to work with you.

TheChroniclesOfMeap Fri 07-Feb-14 18:12:51

Thank you, I will try Ipsea on Monday and look in to them finalising the statement.

2boysnamedR Fri 07-Feb-14 18:19:31

Good luck, well done for sending it back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now