Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Baby taken on by portage

(11 Posts)
2boysnamedR Fri 07-Feb-14 13:47:14

I guess there goes my last glimmer of hope he isn't going to have the same problems as ds2.

Feel so sad. Had a report from ds2 scho this week which wasn't good. Then a pretty depressing report from the babies childminder. Depressing. Dh didn't even read them. Friends don't get it. Family will not accept it.

Feel so alone and scared. Had enought

PolterGoose Fri 07-Feb-14 14:19:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lougle Fri 07-Feb-14 14:23:01

2boys sad

But, you know, he isn't going to have the same problems. He's getting early help and you'll know what to fight for from the start. Nobody will treat you as a naive parent because you'll be able to say 'been there, done that.'

2boysnamedR Fri 07-Feb-14 17:11:54

I hope the baby is in better hands. They are trying to get feet funding and there's going to be a tac team for him. So he really is where ds reached this year. I know it's positive as I could never get anyone to accept ds2 had a issue till this year.

I will have to find some strength from somewhere. Had lots of tears and took the boys out for cake. Feel 50% better. I just hope I have the same luck when the statement dissuasion is made. Ds says he is upset as he's being "pushed about after school". Got it out of him it's just being jostled at pick up time with his SPd.

My bf is beside herself as she has got on the wrong side of a school mum. I so wish I had her problems!

Go into school tues and ep sees ds on weds. Portage on Friday. It is becoming more normal to me now.

I hate feeling like this. But I need some days to be upset over this I think. Until Tuesday. Then it's back to business, the business of being more than a average mum!

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 07-Feb-14 17:21:03

(((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))

Keep posting here.

moondog Fri 07-Feb-14 17:50:13

I'm sad for you.
Portage is fantastic though and it heartens me to know it is still around and has been offered to you.
On, on.

2boysnamedR Fri 07-Feb-14 18:17:56

Thanks, I'm not telling anyone unless I have to as I can't stand the "there's nothing wrong with him, he looks normal to me". God I hate that.

I feel bad for being upset, but its hard work and draining. I have almost got myself a transfer at work into a better job. It's gone out the window now. Don't think I can work a four day week with all that comes with two sn kids.

Not that it matters now. No point working hard and the kids struggling and me struggling to cope.

NoHaudinMaWheest Fri 07-Feb-14 18:44:19

It is hard and draining so sometimes you will be upset. Don't be hard on yourself.
And I have decided that people who say 'There's nothing wrong he looks normal' or 'You're looking well' when you feel like death warmed up are comforting themselves not you.

WhatsHisChops Fri 07-Feb-14 18:50:28

So sorry to hear that 2boys. But as many here have said the earlier the support comes the better. How old.is your baby if you don't mind me asking? Our situations sound similar as my youngest is at 16 months exhibiting many of the signs I saw in her older brother who has just been diagnosed with ASD. Of course I didn't recognise them as early in him and even though of course I wish I had, I still have this awful sinking feeling of going through the whole process over again, so I really do know how you feell, including the whole thing about people not wanting to know and assuring you that everything is fine when.you just know it isn't. At least you haven't been fobbed off as so many are with ones so young, am fully expecting to have another battle this time even though as a family we now have 'form', as it were :-) best of luck, thinking of you xxx

2boysnamedR Fri 07-Feb-14 19:12:12

He is 23 months. He was refereed to a neuro disability pead on my insistence at 16 months.

It is so hard when you already know the path you will walk down again.

I just have to keep reminding myself I am now a expert. I don't take any rubbish any more. I was told with ds2 I would never get a dx or a statement. I have a dx and he's being assessed for a statement after I fought for both.

I can do this, I just wish I didn't have to

WhatsHisChops Fri 07-Feb-14 19:31:36

Gosh, am 7 mths behind you then, and couldn't identify with you more. You know you can do it, and in a funny sort of way have actually become 'good' at pushing and fighting for your DCs, but would do anything not to have to.

Thank God for places like this board where everyone just understands without question and has such good advice because they have all been there and back again :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now