Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Annual Review partental views

(15 Posts)
claw2 Thu 06-Feb-14 08:49:28

How does this sound? Have I missed anything? Could it be worded better?

Part 2 of the statement should be amended as it does not give a true narrative of history or ds’s needs. Each and every special educational need should be set out and should include all diagnoses.

Part 3 of the statement should be amended. Law requires the provision to be specified and quantified. For each need identified, there should be matching help in Part 3. R v Secretary of State for Education ex parte E [1992] 1 FLR 377.If Part 2 is seen as the diagnosis of SENs, then Part 3 is the prescription for them.

Part 3 should set out the objectives that the provision is intended to meet and if something is identified as an objective, the statement should set out the provision intended to meet it: C v East Sussex CC [2004] EWHC 3122 (Admin), [2005] ELR 367

As parts 2 have not identified needs and part 3 is not specified and quantified, objectives of the statement are inappropriate and my child’s progress towards the objectives is immeasurable.

I will then be attaching a copy of the statement I have rewritten.

PolterGoose Thu 06-Feb-14 09:21:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

claw2 Thu 06-Feb-14 09:42:33

Thanks Polter, auto correct was telling 'im' but you are right I mean can't be measured, rather than too great to measure. Talking of measurements....lol I might include minipolters version, that should make them sit up and listen!

You are currently measuring in 'cuntimeters', the new word for not measuring progress at all!

claw2 Thu 06-Feb-14 10:23:09

Also can I ask for appendix to be removed?

SW 'advice' was minutes of a meeting (where she slags me off and gives an inaccurate account of what was said). She asked for my consent to supply info for SA, I refused. However she supplied the minutes. The minutes were not circulated to anyone who attended the meeting, including me. My solicitor and I made several complaints about the accuracy of info she was supplying and her conduct. We were allocated a new SW. There are more up to date minutes of meetings, where new SW closes the case and commends me for my painstaking efforts to get ds's needs met and states she has no concerns with my parenting.

As case is closed, can I just ask for 'advice' to be removed? without giving an explanation? and should I say that if they need SS 'advice' there are more up to date minutes?

claw2 Thu 06-Feb-14 11:07:31

Also ds now has counsellor, SALT and OT input in school. Something that school has done off their own back, it is not specified in ds's statement and these people have not produced reports.

In my statement rewrite I have relied on the most recent up to date assessments that I do have, from SALT, OT etc.

Do you think I should ask these new professionals individually to comment on part 2 and 3 of my rewrite ie SALT to comment on SALT needs and provision?

Or wait until SALT, OT etc provide reports for AR to see what they are saying and then address it?

It is a vicious circle as ds's needs are complex and statement does not identify his needs or provision to meet them, then SALT and possibly OT don't know what they should be addressing.

For example SALT has done 6 weeks with ds, set inappropriate targets which ds has meet easily as he didn't have any difficulty in that area.

PolterGoose Thu 06-Feb-14 12:17:56

claw2 Thu 06-Feb-14 12:37:42

Thanks Polter, my solicitor and I made several written complaints about the accuracy of the information supplied by this SW and her conduct and what evidence it was based on. I asked that these minutes be withdrawn. No reply was ever received to any of my complaints.

Following my complaints, we were allocated a new SW and ALL records on ds disappeared from SS system. So all that is on SS systems is from involvement from lovely new SW!

This suits me fine, not a can of worms I want to reopen. I could lodge more complaints etc, etc. However I would be happy if they just remove the 'advice' and I was wondering if more up to date minutes are available whether they must use these and this would me save me lots of time and work.

PolterGoose Thu 06-Feb-14 12:52:48

claw2 Thu 06-Feb-14 14:09:57

I will ask politely and nicely for them to removed seen as SS are no longer involved, they are outdated. IF they insist on a SS appendix remaining then I will insist they use more up to date ones. If they refuse, then I will kick up a stink.

Ds is ok thanks Polter, he is off sick at the moment, after being sent home on Weds. I think he had a panic attack in school, I got a call, telling me he was unwell, feeling sick, head ache, unable to breathe, saying his throat was closing.

He could breathe again by the time we got home, took him to GP just in case, GP confirmed nothing wrong with his throat and probably a 'virus' making him feel sick etc. Needless to say he has been fine at home, no more headaches or feeling sick etc.

GP has referred him for a blood test next week. I think he is just feeling drained and exhausted, not eating in school and probably anaemic too.

So, he is having a couple of 'rest' days, so he can eat, drink and have some down time at home.

claw2 Thu 06-Feb-14 14:37:00

That's a lie, he got sent home on Tues! I am trying to multi task, eating toast, making hot chocolate, statement rewrite and fetching and carrying for his Lordship, who is milking it!

PolterGoose Thu 06-Feb-14 14:44:34

claw2 Thu 06-Feb-14 15:06:11

School said to me 'there is a lot of it going around at the moment' I was very tempted to reply 'what, anxiety?' grin

claw2 Thu 06-Feb-14 15:33:20

I have had a think about this and i think i need to just wait for AR and see what SALT, OT, counsellor say in their reports, if they are asked.

I will just solider on with what i think he needs in my parental views and deal with any conflicting opinions during AR and in the 2 months after.

PolterGoose Thu 06-Feb-14 15:49:27

claw2 Fri 07-Feb-14 07:50:06

Thanks Polter

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now