Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Suggestions with school help

(4 Posts)
Skylar123 Wed 05-Feb-14 13:08:04

I must have asked a billion questions this past week but this seems to be the only place anyone talks any sense.

I am one huge step closer to understanding why my Ds won't go to school anymore. Dx hfa. Age 7.

This is what I have got from Ds -

Playground is too loud with too many people

Lunch dinning room is too noisy

Assemblies are too crowded and has to sit still

Goes to different class for some lessons

These are some of the issues Ds has managed to express to me over a period of time , he is currently hardly going to sch it is an intense battles every morning. My job is at risk as well as Ds education. School don't seem to give a hoot. No support regarding him not coming in not even a call.

School have tried to help in past before Ds wasn't coming in to sch on a regular basis but now they seem to have distant themselves.

I need to get this sorted for Ds.
sA application underway .

What can I suggest within reason of ms school to help sort these issues out. I can think of the obvious solutions but would like get some support and advice please on how to approach school.

Thank you for any replies x

PolterGoose Wed 05-Feb-14 13:32:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Skylar123 Wed 05-Feb-14 21:53:12

Thanks polter ..your IEP read well too, good luck with getting it implemented

claw2 Wed 05-Feb-14 22:20:40

Playground is too loud with too many people - ear defenders, maybe once it isn't so noisy, he wont mind the people so much?

Lunch dinning room is too noisy - same as above

Assemblies are too crowded and has to sit still - being allowed to sit at the end. Fiddle toy.

Goes to different class for some lessons - timetable of the school day or now and next visual, so he knows what to expect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now