Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

feeling exhausted and frustrated

(5 Posts)
sbutt78 Wed 05-Feb-14 12:37:09

Had the meeting at the school with the E.P. this morning, I expressed my concerns relating to my son's aggression and how I am at a loss at home with how to deal with him (even though I have been on parenting courses and have rewards put in place at home) I explained how he hits out and shouts when asked to do things (the slightest thing).

We then went on to talk about how he is in school, the senco was there so went into a lot of detail about behaviour, learning difficulties etc. His language is still a barrier and they think that he sometimes can't digest what you mean unless he is given very short/simple instructions. This I have known since he started school, it's nothing new. My main concern is the fact he is so far behind, yes aggression can sometimes stems from the frustration of not being at the level of other children. He struggles with writing and reading so is obviously had for him. School have put some great ways of learning in place.

My main concern though is still how aggressive/violent he gets. I found a carving knife in his book bag on Tuesday, which he had taken to school, when I asked him he shrugged and said because I wanted too. There was no reason as to why. Why won't they listen to me that I am scared what he is capable of? He has nightmares about killing people etc too.

I know I should be feeling positive that they are helping him in the school and have given me some more things to try and help at home. But to be honest I'm scared of what comes next, I'm worried about the next time he gets aggressive. I feel for his sister who gets hit when he's in these rages sad sad

Sorry to go on, hope there is someone out there that will tell me this will get better

StarlightMcKingsThree Wed 05-Feb-14 17:12:29

Does he have a diagnosis?

How old is he?

Levantine Wed 05-Feb-14 20:25:38

He sounds very like my son. It is very hard. Is he under the care of any doctor at the moment?

sbm78 Wed 05-Feb-14 20:56:31

No diagnosis! We went to the go at the beginning and were referred to camhs who we see for behavioural support at school.

sbm78 Wed 05-Feb-14 20:56:57

*gp

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now