Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

School permission issue

(5 Posts)
Ihaveranoutofsteam Tue 04-Feb-14 20:36:25

DD came home today and told me she has started a weekly support group at another school. We were never asked or informed. She is on School Action +

Would expect to be asked?

Ineedmorepatience Tue 04-Feb-14 20:38:24

Are you saying she was taken out of school and to another school, during school time and they didnt ask you !!!???

Ihaveranoutofsteam Tue 04-Feb-14 20:41:10

She was taken on a visit to the secondary school she will be most likely going to help with transition and she says she will be going on a weekly basis one afternoon per week.

We knew nothing of it until I picked her at lunchtime and was told to bring her back early so she could go.

Ineedmorepatience Tue 04-Feb-14 20:46:37

It is odd to be starting transition when they dont even know who will be going where yet, unless of course you are in a situation where you are pretty much guaranteed a place!!

But not to tell you or get your permission is not right.

Not only that, how much preparation had they done with the children? My Dd3 is supposed to get warnings about changes to timetable (not that she ever does.)

I would be rattling of an email before the morning !! My emails are often the first thing the HT sees when he switches on his gadgets in the morning wink

Ihaveranoutofsteam Tue 04-Feb-14 22:16:50

That is the whole point, she struggles with transitions, so what is the worst thing that can happen - surprising her with a visit to another school with one hour notice sad

Seems a little conflicting to me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now