Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

SSA rate question

(4 Posts)
salondon Thu 23-Jan-14 15:59:22

our Senior Advisory Teacher, Portage, Early Support and Inclusion had said to me that the maximum rate that can be claimed back for SSA support via a statement in is £12.50 per hour

But now, they have paid the lsa £8.49/hr. why would that be? We had a verbal agreement of £12.50/hr

The lsa is our existing tutor who we top up. Happy to do that. But I am not sure if I should contest them and ruffle feathers

I asked the nursery and they simply said talk to the HR.

lougle Thu 23-Jan-14 20:06:06

It might depend on the qualifications of the LSA? I know that preschool funding uses a formula which takes into account the level of training of the staff, so settings with higher qualified staff get a higher £ per child than settings with lower qualified staff.

salondon Thu 23-Jan-14 20:57:21

She is an ABA tutor with masters. I have asked her to email their HR. chopping off 33% funding is not fair. That money was allocated to my child. Her tA should be appropriately qualified. This kind of stuff that schools do adds a whole new dimension to the fight.

salondon Thu 06-Feb-14 18:14:28

Can I do something in this scenario? Rather what can i do to avoid this happening.

Early years setting claim £12.80/hr but only pay £8.49/hr to the lsa. They are allowing ABA so i am tempted to just suck it up. However how do I avoid this in future? Like in primary school? Do parents have a say?

The setting is keeping the difference as their admin costs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now