Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

NAS autism checklist in girls

(14 Posts)
hellokittymania Tue 29-Oct-13 23:52:57

Can someone please link to it. I am almost blindso some problems were thought to be caused by that. I am an adult and need to be assessed for ASD.

Do I take checklist to the GP? How can I do this?

Also, I can be quite talkative at times but I get "stuck" if new topics come up and have a hard time. If I meet a friend and we talk about food, I can talk slower and manage. But if you ask "what I will do tomorrow I stutter, say things that dont make sense because i didnt have time to think about the question. I have trouble with a lot of sounds (s sh ch j z) and I find writing easier.

I like routines but get stuck on order and organising. I don't predict consequences and often dont understand why things happen. It h

hellokittymania Wed 30-Oct-13 00:02:55

oops. it has made it hard to find and keep work. I like news, and other things and can spend hours finding news. I can't see so don't game.

I also am very sensitive to noise, certain fabric.

Other things too.

I don't know what a diagnosis would do, if it would help.

osospecial Wed 30-Oct-13 19:19:04

www.autism.org.uk/about-autism/autism-and-asperger-syndrome-an-introduction/gender-and-autism/women-and-girls-on-the-autism-spectrum.aspx

osospecial Wed 30-Oct-13 19:19:55

This isn't a checklist but its an interesting article I read on NAS website regarding ASD and girls

Just5minswithDacreandhugeDildo Thu 28-Apr-16 22:58:16

Does anyone have any up to date resources along these lines please?

The link above is dead.

MailonlineEffOff Thu 28-Apr-16 22:59:55

It's an old thread.

Just5minswithDacreandhugeDildo Thu 28-Apr-16 23:04:17

I know. It came up in search. I thought a bump was worth a go.

TawnyGrisette Thu 28-Apr-16 23:46:38

Don't bump old threads - start a new one.

Just5minswithDacreandhugeDildo Fri 29-Apr-16 00:38:12

I beg your pardon?

MattDillonsPants Fri 29-Apr-16 00:52:10

I'd like to see the checklist too if anyone has a link that works....

TawnyGrisette Fri 29-Apr-16 08:06:18

Just the etiquette on mumsnet it to not bump 'zombie threads' - that's why there's a warning before you post. Otherwise people read threads assuming that they're current. Not an issue with a short thread like this, but very annoying when you read ten pages before realising.

If you have a question, just start a thread about it.

TawnyGrisette Fri 29-Apr-16 08:07:13

* Is to not bump

Just5minswithDacre Fri 29-Apr-16 08:22:16

Oh I see. You think I'm new grin

PolterGoose Fri 29-Apr-16 10:01:20

Just are you looking for you or your child?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now