Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Shoes/sandals for summer

(9 Posts)
dev9aug Wed 10-Jul-13 10:31:09

Ds2(20months) currently wears peidro shoes size infant 2.5. I need to find some supportive sandals/shoes for him to get through the heat. Peidro sandals from the orthotic departments are not an option

I have looked at the old threads and almos all of the brands only do those stupid cruising shoes in that size and they are no good. Please help me in finding a small shoe/sandal which allows ds2 to keep a flat foot as he is a toe curler. Thanks

PolterGoose Wed 10-Jul-13 10:50:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PolterGoose Wed 10-Jul-13 10:51:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ouryve Wed 10-Jul-13 11:30:15

How about something like this?
www.amazon.co.uk/Froddo-Sandal-Fisherman-G1150001--Toddler/dp/B00BCICLNI/ref=sr_1_10?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1373452159&sr=1-10&keywords=sandals

SallyBear Wed 10-Jul-13 11:38:20

Dev. What about Startrite. They tend to have better footplates than Clarks and are considered more supportive by the independent shoe shop chain that I buy my 4 DC's shoes from. startrite

dev9aug Wed 10-Jul-13 12:13:35

Thanks ouryve, they look quite good.

sallybear Thanks, I will look into those. I am going to try and see if there is an independent shop nearby as I want to get his feet measured properly and try on some pairs.

Tooloudhere Wed 10-Jul-13 17:08:18

http://www.happyfeet4kids.com/en/product/1540-tombut2/?category=2

These are in size 18 which is about 3, orthopaedic sandal boots?

HairyMaclary Wed 10-Jul-13 17:50:24

Why are piedro sandals not an option? Lack of availability or lack of support? Memo shoes from Poland are imported by CPPC and a few others and are very good. We've had a couple of pairs of sandals from them over the years! Not cheap and no good if they toe walk. You can however easily reach in to uncurl toes on a regular basis!

Can't find a link at the moment as just about to feed children but google them and see what you think.

I'm still looking as DS now wears heavy, wedged AFO's and I'm desperate for something but there is nothing at all. May get a pair of memo's anyway for the holiday trips between tent and beach / pool!

dev9aug Wed 10-Jul-13 21:02:39

Thanks *tooloud8 These look really promising.

Hairymaclary We are still not in the system in the new area yet so there is no chance of getting shoes from them for at least a couple of months.

He doesn't need that much support really, it is mainly to keep his feet flat to a) make sure that his toes are not curled and b) to keep him from walking on his toes. I have just had a look at the Memo shoes. Are they quite comfortable?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now