Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Dd1 now on phrases

(9 Posts)
eidsvold Mon 05-Jun-06 06:52:19

We have been working on expanding dd1's communication and moving her from single words to phrases.

Her best are when asking for something - we now get drink please mummy/daddy etc

However the other day she was being a right pain in the butt and so after warning her - put her in her room. She started to cry and whinge.

As I went past with dd2 to another room - dd1 hung over her stairgate and told me 'X( her name) crying.'

Just in case I missed it great phrase and signing.

LadySherlockofLGJ Mon 05-Jun-06 08:14:29

Aw sweet.

FioFio Mon 05-Jun-06 08:15:51

Message deleted

Jimjamskeepingoffvaxthreads Mon 05-Jun-06 09:03:42

That's lovely

I get "ay own" (hands down) shouted when he's pinching me.

coppertop Mon 05-Jun-06 10:02:09

Awww! That's great news, eidsvold . You'll soon be feeling guilty for wishing she'd be quiet when you've spent so long trying to encourage her to talk....

eidsvold Mon 05-Jun-06 12:54:54

well i do get mum, mum, mummy repeated far too many times a day in stereo - dd1 and dd2

2shoes Mon 05-Jun-06 14:28:08

that is really sweet. my dd can't talk but does say hurry up makes ever one laugh(when I say she can't talk she has cp so even when she does say something it isn't that clear except things like hurry up)

Davros Mon 05-Jun-06 17:56:34

The poor thing sobbing but great communication!

Dingle Tue 06-Jun-06 13:14:29

Oh eidsvold, it's it great when it really hits you out of the blue!!!!

Amelia has been part signing/part saying quite a few words strung together now. for example " I want milk please mummy" but it seems almost parrot fashion IYSWIM. It took me by surprise this morning though- Put some honey on her weetabix and DS asked if he could have a little bit in his spoon. Amelia then said " I want runny honey spoon please mummy!!!"

Her words are still so unclear, but it's great to know she has some idea of a sentence!!!

I hope things are all good with you eidsvold. Give those girls a big hug please!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: