Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Please tell me i am not the only mother of an SN child with a bad back

(22 Posts)
FioFio Thu 01-Jun-06 07:54:31

Message deleted

misdee Thu 01-Jun-06 07:59:23

i have a bad back. due to the pain in my back and neck from lifting dd2 in and out of the bath, my hands go numb at times.

Jimjamskeepingoffvaxthreads Thu 01-Jun-06 08:24:52

Nope mine has gone this morning. Ds1 has been doing a lot of lunging this week and I've had to do a lot of lifting. Actually physically the difference between school terms and school holidays is noticeable.

Bethron Thu 01-Jun-06 08:48:44

Message withdrawn

anniebear Thu 01-Jun-06 09:01:18

me too!!!

back is always sore, Ellie can walk now but I still have to help and lift her at times

Yes, I feel 60 also

have lines on my face liek that of a 60 year old

Pixel Thu 01-Jun-06 15:44:07

Another one here <waves frantically>.

As for lines on my face, I've been very alarmed to realise I'm starting to look like my Dad

spursmum Thu 01-Jun-06 15:47:52

Cooeeee! Mines from being so skinny before pregnancy. All the baby weight was at the front and TAA-DAA! 2 mis-aligned discs and torn ligaments, tendons etc.
Not made any better by the fact that ds is 4 but has the mental age of around 2 so still wants to be picked up all the time. I try not to but I fail miserably!!

sphil Thu 01-Jun-06 18:35:54

My back's OK so far but felt one of my knees go today. Mind you, I am ancient, so what can I expect?

coppertop Thu 01-Jun-06 18:51:10

Mine hurts too! Ds2 (3yrs) is perfectly capable of walking/running but goes into "protest mode" where I end up having to carry him. This afternoon I was trudging through town with 2.5st ds2 in one arm, pushing dd's pram with one hand and trying to keep an eye on ds1 who has a tendency to want to sit down every 2 minutes because his legs hurt. Arrrggghhh!

reiver Thu 01-Jun-06 19:57:52

Me too........but then I'm positively ancient anyway! Sadly my little one doesn't walk so there's plenty of lifting. I find it's things like the carseat that's the most difficult when you're lifting and twisting too.

stapo1 Thu 01-Jun-06 20:44:24

Yep me too & i'm no spring chicken. Ds 3.4 can work for v short distances & stumbles alot, so lots of lifting & carrying.

Chocol8 Thu 01-Jun-06 20:50:55

Another ancient one to add to the list - always had a bad back - and lifting ds (which i try not to do, but do) out of the bath really doesn't help. It went again this morning and i'm trying to ignore it.

It looks like you are not alone FioFio!

2shoes Thu 01-Jun-06 21:17:26

backs ok at the mo but one of my arms is giving me constant jip.. but then again what can I expect lifting an 11 year old in and out of the car/wheelchair/bed you name it. even hoisting her hurts I am old though (45)

onlyjoking9329 Thu 01-Jun-06 22:05:12

Yep me too i have an autie back was pensioned off work 6 years ago cos of my back and several ops later it isn't much better.

shey Fri 02-Jun-06 19:18:57

gosh...this is so reassuring but horrible for everyone. I have spent a fortune on physio and osteopathy.....

tobysmumkent Sat 03-Jun-06 23:19:27

Message withdrawn

FioFio Mon 05-Jun-06 08:18:07

Message deleted

tobysmumkent Mon 05-Jun-06 11:50:22

Message withdrawn

Cappucino Mon 05-Jun-06 12:38:55

another yay for osteopathy! I happily sign away my dla for this sometimes when my back is bad - isn't that what it's for? I wouldn't have it if I didn't have a wheelchair in my life

FioFio Mon 05-Jun-06 12:48:45

Message deleted

tobysmumkent Mon 05-Jun-06 18:57:57

Message withdrawn

Thomcat Tue 06-Jun-06 12:48:37

Mine is **ed too Fio.
I saw a GP about it to get refered and every prson I saw about my back looked and said 'ohhh you poor thing, how have you been walking around, the muscles at the bottom of your spine are so fused you must be in agony'.

The permission they gave me to feel sorry for myself felt awful thopugh. I just live with back pain and when people started feeling sorry for me and acknowleding the pain it made me want to cry.

Now I'm also carrying DD2 as well as DD1 and still breastfeeding it's worse than ever. Must do something about it again.

Oh and don't get me started on bags under eyes!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: