Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.


(6 Posts)
2shoes Tue 30-May-06 21:44:00

please can someone explain this term to me. it is used on here a lot>

2shoes Wed 31-May-06 19:08:46


reiver Wed 31-May-06 20:20:23

Not sure 2shoes but I interpret it as a tantrum/paddy/tizz - different people use different words to describe those times when a child gets overloaded for whatever reason and just loses the plot for a while!

2mum Wed 31-May-06 20:32:43

Whenever my son does this he starts crying and kicking and lies on the ground and wont respond to anything i do to try and calm him down. Its like hes not listening to me and wont take anything in. Hes 3 and nonverbal.

emmalou78 Wed 31-May-06 21:24:50

In our house it refers to the 'tantrums' that turn into violent attacks, after the past few weeks we've gone 4 days without one, my bruises have faded and the scabs are all but gone, hopefully I can get rested nad upto strength before the next wave...

2shoes Wed 31-May-06 21:28:08

thanks/ Just wanted to understand so I din't make some stupid comment and upset anyone through my lack of knowledge

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: