Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

oh god- well I knew the dropping the trousers in public thing would start sometime- and it did today

(20 Posts)
Jimjamskeepingoffvaxthreads Tue 30-May-06 19:16:22

oh deep joy.

Of course I didn't notice to begin with. Was dragging ds1 up a hil, and he was shouting "an an an" (no no no) which I was ignoring as he was all over the place. direct payments helper turned around and said "oh my goodness pull your trousers up". Yep they were round his knees.

Ds1 of course thought this was hilarious.

Bets now being taken on how long this little "joke" lasts.

Twiglett Tue 30-May-06 19:19:41

a touch longer than your patience I'll warrant

misdee Tue 30-May-06 19:20:19

you're lucky. dd2 has done this on and off for ages. i blame her age (but its not stopped). actually even dd1 (6years old and NT)wants to strip off in public. erm maybe its a family thing

misdee Tue 30-May-06 19:21:12

i mean you're lucky it hasnt happened yet

its great fun when your child suddening peels their clothes off.

Jimjamskeepingoffvaxthreads Wed 31-May-06 19:43:40

Well he pulled mine down today as well!! Luckily no-one was around!!

sphil Wed 31-May-06 23:29:54

DS2 went through a phase of pulling my top up so he could stick his head underneath it (he loves bare skin). OK at home, not so great in Tesco.

BadHair Wed 31-May-06 23:33:30

Both my non-SN (NT?) dses do this. 3 year old can get away with as people just say "aaaah", but oversized 5 year old attracts weird looks. He's also taken to putting his head up my skirt in an effort to be a pantomime horse - that went down well at cousin's wedding last week.
You have my every sympathy!

Jimjamskeepingoffvaxthreads Wed 31-May-06 23:34:37

sphil- ds1 does that- he barely fits now- he;s almost up to my shoulders. DS2 and ds3 copy!

sphil Wed 31-May-06 23:45:08

Nice to know I have company!

Unfortunately DS2's obsession with bare skin has now extended to other children. We've just started an induction period at his new nursery, which has urinals in the boys' loos and the row of bare bums is just too much for him. Luckily I've managed to catch him so far as he advances on them, hands out in front, like some sort of Dr Who alien - hopefully by Sept when he starts properly this phase will be over...

Jimjamskeepingoffvaxthreads Wed 31-May-06 23:52:44

oh dear- that sounds like it could be a tricky one!

sphil Wed 31-May-06 23:58:58

Yes - it's difficult. The only time DS2 takes a lot of notice of DS1 is if part of him is bare - and then he just pursues him relentlessly and tries to cuddle and kiss him. We've been encouraging it (as long as DS1 is up for it, which he usually is as long as DS2 hasn't got cold hands!) because it's one of the few ways in which they interact. However, we've come to realise that DS2 doesn't make a distinction between his brother's bare skin and anyone elses, nor does he realise that it's OK to kiss and cuddle some parts of the body, but not others.
Not sure what to do about it really.

Jimjamskeepingoffvaxthreads Thu 01-Jun-06 00:01:42

oh we had this sort of problem, ds1 would kiss everyone and anyone. I think just a spoken 'no touching" when its inappropriate is all you can do really. Mind you I haven't got it sussed at all- ds1 sniffs everyone now. Soon gets rid of people

sphil Thu 01-Jun-06 00:12:31

[Grin] Must go to bed! Can you function on this little sleep?

Jimjamskeepingoffvaxthreads Thu 01-Jun-06 07:38:23

I'm used to it!

FloatingOnTheMed Thu 01-Jun-06 07:44:41

lol this thread made me laugh! It sounds really sweet! (ok annoying too of course!) dd has occasionally tried to pull down my top to look inside (prob from when she discovered her nipples - "What's that mummy?" - and i showed her that i have them too! That was a mistake!

I remember me & dsis when a family friend took us to a park taking all our clothes off! We can't have been that old because i remember it so clearly! I remember the look of horror on her face & the way she feebly tried to stop us!

FioFio Thu 01-Jun-06 07:56:41

Message deleted

stapo1 Thu 01-Jun-06 19:08:47

In a carpark as I was bent over lifting ds2 in to his car seat, ds1 (6&nt) pulled my trousers down. He thought it was hilarious I wacked my head on the car when I jumped. Thank god for big knickers..
Wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry! I think I need to invest in belts.

coppertop Sun 04-Jun-06 13:58:34

I've learned never to wear elasticated trousers when ds2 is around.

Ds2 is still getting used to the idea of wearing clothes and tends to strip off when he's angry about something. I felt like the worst mother in the world when he stripped down to just a nappy out in the middle of a street in the snow. You can imagine the looks I got. When I finally calmed him down enough to get some clothes back on him he still refused to wear socks and shoes. I'm surprised people weren't lobbing rotten fruit in my direction......

Davros Sun 04-Jun-06 16:57:40

DS went through a phase of doing this some years ago. Luckily the pattern was that he'd do it (to have a pee) the second we set foot outside the house so it was usually very near home. We'd just wedgie him home every time He also used to do it when we returned home, every time he'd be outside the front door peeing into the basement well-thingy. If I hadn't caught up with him it was quite if someone went by and saw his pink bum! He stopped after a while, especially as he was basically NOT allowed to do it and marched home. Not easy always though.
He has done it again now and then in the last year or so, extremely as he is 10. He started doing it when we arrived at places (even though there were toilets), such as adventure playground, garden project. Luckily places that are running sessions for children with ASD but still very embarrassing. I really watch him now as he's likely to drop his trousers and pee but he does it rarely so its a huge surprise when he does but its always in the background iyswim.

Blandmum Sun 04-Jun-06 17:01:54

Oh Gawd JJ, what next? ds went through a pahse of pulling up my jumper, which was bad enough.

Mind you , I dare say your arse is more presentable than most.....to look on the slight sliver lining to the cloud.

Is this linked to the toilet 'thing' do you think? Just as an aside, has the sniffing stopped at all? It struck me this holiday that ds (6 and nt) has now....at last, stopped this one)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: