Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

painfull to watch

(16 Posts)
2shoes Tue 30-May-06 16:48:13

dd is having a LOT of trouble "going" given her a pessary and she is sitting on her loo seat/ sorry just doing my head in.

Feistybird Tue 30-May-06 16:55:16

aahh bless her - and you too.

Chocol8 Tue 30-May-06 19:11:15

This may sound strange, but try getting her to squat instead of sitting. It apparently lines the bowel up (or something) and helps it all..happen. It certainly works for alot of people I know. Good luck, poor luv.

Californifrau Tue 30-May-06 19:42:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sphil Tue 30-May-06 20:11:06

DS1 had this problem for ages but has just decided to abandon the loo seat 'insert' and just sit on the normal seat. Because his bottom sort of hangs down more(!) it seems to help with the pushing. He's doing a poo every night for the first time in 4 years!! Mind you, he couldn't have done it before now because he didn't have the muscular control to hold himself up on the full sized seat and this might be the same for your DD. Good luck!

2shoes Tue 30-May-06 21:34:22

thankfully the pessary worked. she has to sit on the loo seat(special seat) as she can't sit on the toilet] it is a toilet chair really(hope that makes sense.
& she can't squat
thanks for advice though

Chocol8 Tue 30-May-06 23:08:15

Sorry, should have thought, but really glad the pessary did it's job. x

Thomcat Tue 30-May-06 23:29:04

Been there mate, not nice, not nice at all.
Glad it all worked out ok in the end.

Skribble Tue 30-May-06 23:31:01

A stool under her feet might help if her feet are dangling. Glad she went .

jenk1 Wed 31-May-06 08:44:28

know how you feel 2shoes, had this with dd a couple of weeks ago, its not nice

Bumblelion Wed 31-May-06 12:08:10

My DD (4) also suffers from periods of constipation, due to her low muscle tone. It is so distressing to watch her sometimes, straining so hard but not managing to produce anything. Sometimes she can be constipated for over 24 hours and the distress she goes through strains my heart strings. She has lactulose and sometimes (prune juice - which my son calls prawn juice because it tastes so horrible). She is only just out of daytime nappies and have not had an episode of constipation yet - dreading it as and when (if) it happens.

2shoes Wed 31-May-06 13:34:55

Bumblelion stock up on pessary just in case. she is ok now I have upped her lactose dose as well. I think it was all linked to the high temp she had Monday. But apart from being a bit off her food she's ok( she also has senna)
Love prawn juice lol

heartinthecountry Wed 31-May-06 14:45:30

my dd has always suffered from constipation. We recently started her on movicol and it really has helped. i was very reluctant initially and wanted to control it through diet (yep - lots of prune juice in our house!)but she goes through so much less discomfort now that I am glad we tried it.

I've been there with the pessary thing too - always feels horribly invasive.

2shoes Wed 31-May-06 15:20:49

normally it's pretty well controlled. think something just triggered it.
Know what you mean about the pessary as I had to put her in a head locke LOL

reiver Wed 31-May-06 20:28:54

Glad it worked 2shoes - it's pretty grim isn't it when they have this problem.
Another vote for Movicol. We've found it so much more effective than Lactulose.

2shoes Wed 31-May-06 21:29:21

i am going to speak to dd's class nurse(who is lovely and so much better than her named nurse) and see what she thinks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: