Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Pens for Dyspraxic Children

(6 Posts)
sylvm Tue 30-May-06 14:44:03

Any ideas here - DD's teacher wants her to have a cartridge pen - I know there are certain sorts which are easier to hold etc. Help!!

LIZS Tue 30-May-06 15:02:27

\link{http://www.dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk/shop/index.php?cPath=25\Some special ink pens here but not cartridge. Thought the Dyscovery Centre used to do some but couldn't see it.

LIZS Tue 30-May-06 15:04:14

here, sorry

figleaf Tue 30-May-06 15:04:35

Try Yoropen.co.uk sorry cant do links. They do pens and pencils. My son finds them easier to hold and write with. He is left handed as well as dyspraxic so needs any help he can get when he has to write.

We have just moved over to using IT for the majority of his school work but before this he used Yoro pencils exclusively.

sylvm Wed 31-May-06 10:25:24

Thanks both of you. I had already looked on the Dyspraxia Foundation website. Yoropen looks brilliant - very clever idea - might order her one to see how she gets on. Problem is teacher has specified a cartridge pen. She is just moving schools. I said "you know she has handwriting difficulties" (answer "yes") and "you know she's left handed (answer "yes"). I can see she's going to be coming home covered in ink. Elder DD who doesn't have either problem is adament that M will have big problems on this. I feel it's best to go along with it and then say that it isn't working rather than refuse. New school are being brilliant in general, visiting her at old school etc etc. Teacher also seems lovely just maybe a little unrealistic here.

MrsBadgerAvecUneVoiture Wed 31-May-06 10:36:30

I'm a great fan of those triangular grips that slip over normal pencils, and a quick search revealed the same people do a larger one to fit a pen - here .
They also have a cartridge pen they claim is particularly suitable for left handers but it's not cheap.

Lamy make a variety of pens with a triangular grip but I can't get onto their website as my browser is rubbish - you may do better.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: