Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

completely self indulgent moan about dla.

(10 Posts)
misdee Sun 28-May-06 20:07:11

gotta appeal for dd2 award. which was taken away from her end of march.

seems like they are awarding it to other people and not us. am so so fed up with it. i dont know if i have the energy to fight for this.

well done to the others who have got it.

just sick to death with it.

misdee Sun 28-May-06 20:34:32

just really really fed up. my tax credits have been cut, and i cant take the kids out much these holidays. I am having to be careful with visiting peter due to petrol costs. its driving me insane. i cant even get dd2 some new puzzles.

Blossomhill Sun 28-May-06 20:38:34

Have tax credits been cut due to dd2 not getting dla misdee?

2mum Sun 28-May-06 20:39:11

Hi misdee, its not fair the way dla is worked out. It must just depend who is dealing with it. I sent my dla form last monday for my 3 year old son who has autism, i dont know what the outcome will be. I cant understand how 2 different children can have the same thing wrong and one child gets awarded dla and the other gets turned down its not fair. I hope you will get it when you go to appeal.

misdee Sun 28-May-06 20:39:20

yes.

Blossomhill Sun 28-May-06 20:40:17

Oh I thought that as your dd1 gets dla then it would stay the same? Depends on rate of dla though.

misdee Sun 28-May-06 20:40:59

i know, its awful. there was a thread a few weeks back that got me so angry, as they had been awarded HR but werent happy with it. i was sooooo fuming.

dd3 has had a bad outbreak of eczema, and i cant even afford to get her a t-shirt for nighttime to stop her scratching.

misdee Sun 28-May-06 20:42:12

dd1 gets dla as well, so there were 2 increases on tax credits. now just one.

so peters dla has gone, dd2 dla has gone and tax credits been cut.

main sources of income gone basically.

misdee Sun 28-May-06 20:59:15

told you it was self indulgant

2shoes Mon 29-May-06 19:32:40

not at all these things make life bearable when they go life isn't bearable. have you got a sw who could help you. also have you thought of asking help from charitys.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: